Sunday, February 27, 2011

My cup runneth over.....



This week has flown by and although I have nothing I can share at the moment, I must say my cup runneth over with gratitude. I wanted to thank all of you for the tremendous outpouring of support and praise of the new magazine. I truly cannot believe the success it has acquired. I've only had a few moments to browse blogs lately but I have seen some of my friends who were a part of the first issue getting rave reviews and it makes my heart sing. That is what its all about, sharing and opening the worlds of others. Intermingling with each other although we each create our own style of fiber art, it is all one community. My passion is CQ however I love to make fiber books/ collage, and I love felting, doll making, beading, paper play, etc. Since there are many sources of media out there for the other arts, I thought there should be something on a regular basis for CQ. There will always be a bit of other arts sprinkled in because it all inspires but the focus will remain CQ. That is where my heart is and many of us have much to share on the subject.

The past week I have been very busy getting ready for the Quilt Retreat in Williamston MI in a week and a half. I'm getting more excited each day. I'm looking forward to seeing a few friends and meeting some new ones.

I've been making samples and kits.Here is a peek of the "I Felt Love" brooch kits. I like to offer a variety of colors to hopefully please everyone. It is so much more enjoyable to work with the colors you favor than to sit down to something that doesn't inspire you. I know it would be a downer for me. My muse would pout then go home, that's for sure.

As I packed the last Inner Child doll kit the scent of the Lavender had me thinking of warmer days once again. The winter seems to have been a hard one for all and humans are not meant to be caged up for months at a time. I know this human is anxious to escape into warm air and sunshine, grass and flowers, sand and water and of course, the front porch swing. I've often found myself dreaming of the gentle breeze on my face as I settle on the swing with Angell and a cup of tea and shove off on an early spring morning. What simple pleasures to offer such rewards.

When the snow melted earlier this week and the sidewalk was clear of ice I walked the path and found evidence of deer, lots of deer (if you know what I mean) in my new flower garden. I hurried off to the garden to find my suspicions to be true. The deer had eaten my Rhododendrons again this year ;0(
All three of them, chewed down to nothing but naked stubs. I guess the winter has been hard on them as well. I will miss sitting with mom over lunch in the garden by the large "Rhodie" admiring the large pink blooms this year. Perhaps I will just buy another for instant color? Does anyone have a prevention for deer eating Rhodie's? I would love to try it. I've tied stems with human hair, hidden deodorant soap, used deer deterrent, etc. Please share if you know of something that truly works :-)

Thanks for the studio pet photos, the page is filling up and looking cute! There is still room for your studio pet in the next issue of Crazy Gathering Magazine. The photo does not have to be taken in the studio, just of the pet with their name included. Gotta go make breakfast, have a great day!

10 comments:

  1. Good morning, Pat: I absolutely LOVED the magazine. I bought one for myself and one for my sister who loves to quilt. I'm looking forward to the next issue. Have a wonderful day. It's snowing here, once again. Oh, how I'm wishing for Spring. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,
    I think all beings are longing for the Spring!
    Have you tried some old video tape and hanging cds'? the video tape makes a noise in the wind and the old cds' cause reflections and they might just scare 'em away!

    I must check out your CQ magazine too!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat, I love the book, I was expecting to wait a week or so to get it(with much antisipation) but it was here in just a couple days!It is beautiful! It is my new Wish book..I wish I could do that!
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eceived my copy of CQ Gatherings on Friday and spent the weekend drooling over the eye candy and absorbing the information. I love it! Thanks so much for creating a mag devoted to CQing. I'm relatively new to CQ, but I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ordered mine this weekend and can't wait to get it. The preview pages look absolutely incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are completely deserving of every accolade you recieve. I watched you poured your heart and soul into this issue ~ BRAVO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pat. Waiting for my magazine to arrive!!! I have never heard of deer eating rhodies. We have loads of rhodies and azaleas and loads of deer. They just go for everything else here. But try cayenne pepper. It has worked for me on some plants. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Pat,

    What can I say that hasn't already been said - we all love you and are so grateful for the beauty that you have brought into ours lives - be it your beautiful crazy quilting, your way with words but mostly your way of sharing with all of us.

    I love the magazine with all its pretty treasures. I am so grateful to you for featuring my add in it but at the same time - Yikes! overwhelmed and excited at all the orders that have come my way. Thank you! Thank you!

    I'd give anything to be able to take one of those long walks ont he beach with you to chat the day away.

    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat, my copy arrived on Saturday. I confess, I've been through it so many times, it already has that "much loved" look! And it is much loved! I'm thrilled that you included my work in this lovely magazine devoted to my true passion!

    You did a beautiful job putting it together and I'm already looking forward to my next issue!

    For now, I'm itching to get back to stitching on my Marie Antoinette CQ!

    Enjoy your quilt retreat!

    Hugs, Pam

    PS - Tomorrow is "Spring 1st"!!!! I use the weather man's calender! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Pat. I received my copy of your wonderful CQ magazine. Brilliant I say! You have really done a fabulous job and NOW I feel like I can actually begin to CQ. Thank you so very much.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!