Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Snowman Soup

I wanted to leave you with a little kit that makes both the young and the old smile. A few years ago a "Snowman Soup" kit was sent to me by a friend. It brightened my day and left me with something to share with others. I've made several of these and mailed out to many friends and even slipped them into mail boxes and packages. I thought I would share it with you since many of you , like myself are still in the Winter months.

Gather some mini marshmallows, Hershey kisses,peppermint stick or candy cane,cocoa packets.
Print this poem on paper or card stock:

When it's so cold that
you holler and whoop,
It's time to bring out
the Snowman Soup!

Pour the packet in a mug
Add the snowballs too,
throw in the kisses
from the snowman to you.

Now fill with hot water
and use the stick to stir it,
Sip slowly and soon you'll
feel the warm winter spirit!

Print out your choice of snowman image or use one below:
Enjoy!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so cool. I'll be saving this idea...and using my evernote to do it!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so very cute. Thanks for sharing. I will be making up a few of these for upcoming birthdays and volunteer thank you's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea my grandson's will love this cause they always want hot chocolate aka; snowman soup after playing outside will have to make up some pkgs. for them thanks for sharing love the poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pat, we do these in my family at Christmas time BUT for the ones that are on Santas "naughty" list, they get "reindeer poop", which is made up in a bag such as yours only there are choclate malted ball in it and nothing else! Fun, fun, fun! Debbie (Maine)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much nicer than snowman poop cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are making use of the snowman soup idea.... I treated my quilting friends with some again this year. The idea never fails to bring a smile.
    Now I am off to have some tea and try to update my blog...long
    overdue!
    Stay warm..
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!