Sunday, December 26, 2010

Back to stitching!

I had a wonderful Christmas with family and hope you did too. DH always helps with the cleanup so I was refreshed and ready to get back to my stitching last night.

I finished assembling the Teal CQ with the beautiful woman with diamond earrings and necklace. I turned it into a tote/purse. It has a divider and is padded so it could hold an ipad/Nook in one side or a small laptop and notebook or papers in the other.It measures 11" deep by 12 1/2" wide not including the bamboo handles attached with heavy vintage lace. I lined it with old gold silk dupioni and added my favorite vintage butterfly lace all around the top.The back fabric is a beautiful gold, green and teal burnout velvet on gold silk dupioni.The lady is so pretty and made it a delight to embellish this crazy quilted tote.I just had to add an organza sequined dragonfly from Flights of Fancy. They are so delicate and adds interest.Other embellishments include a green sequin and pearl applique from the fabric warehouse in Chicago,vintage velvet pansy from an etsy shop, my hand dyed silk ribbon and a hand painted lace applique from a friend.
This will go in my etsy shop today. SOLD
On to another project!

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project Pat!!! I am so looking forward to getting in some stitching for myself. I get so caught up in making gifts taht I forget to do things that I love to do!!
    All of your wonderful touches are so specail. I ahve never seen that Butterfly lace before- LOVE it!! I ams ure that this piece will not be in your ETSY shop for long!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat, I too am delighted to be stitching, it feels good to have a needle in my hand.
    You bag is so pretty.
    Best wishes, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You create the most beautiful items! Everything about this is wonderful. I agree it won't be in your shop for long. It's not only beautiful, but functional as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way to carry a nook around! Even if you didn't read you would want one to put in this lovely case.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So wonderful Pat, I love all the details you've added and I especially like the vintage flower. Glad you had a nice Christmas ours was wonderful too. Have fun, Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! So happy to see your beautiful handiwork today. Christmas here was great, although I missed the big family dinner...got the bug and didn't want to share. Hope your new year is as wonderful as Christmas! ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautifully splendid! I can't believe you're already back to creating... I don't think my dh, yours and a dozen others could clean up my mess!
    have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to believe that Christmas Day is over and you are back into creating - this is a very beautiful bag Pat and I really love all the embellishments and the velvet on the back.
    Beautiful.
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. ! Speechless!
    Beautiful!
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely project! Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!