Monday, September 06, 2010

Heart warming on a chilly morn

Thank you all for the heartfelt comments on mom's recovery. I thought I would browse some pretty etsy sites before heading off to the hospital this morning and naturally checked my email to find many comforting comments from my blogging sisters. Thank you. I try not to be a downer but I also try to keep things real, and we all know life isn't always sunshine and lollipops. I want my blog to be inspiring and fun however it must also reflect me or else it would just be a facade and that isn't my style. So thanks for being real yourself and sending sunshine my way. I appreciate every note. Today will be better, I can feel it.

While browsing etsy I found a shop that offers beautiful dyed vintage doilies and trims that are perfect for CQ and CQ or bohemian purse accents here.I love the bright colors for gypsy purses and thought if you didn't have a source, this one is very reasonable.I like the name too, "Luscious Layers", sounds like yummy stash! You can use the small doilies for neck purse flaps with a coordinating fabric, which she dyes as well, underneath. Attach three together for a larger purse. Just thought it was something to share.

I hope you all enjoy your Labor Day and please eat chocolate of some sort for me :-)
I'm off to sneak mom some more ice chips...............

6 comments:

  1. Your mom has been in my thoughts and prayers.. Unfortunately my mom had to be in a rehab facility for about 2 months after the hospital and hated being alone... I bought a little cheap TV table and stayed all the time with her and stitched and stitched and stitched. Most of the time she was sleeping and the stitching helped pass the time... Just a thought.... Hugs Gerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continued good wishes to you and your mom. Thank you for sharing inspiration and this link to the Etsy shop. Enjoy your cooler weather! Hmmmm...chocolate... ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Mom is feeling better today, what an ordeal. Thanks for the tip on the Etsy shop, these doilies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so sorry to read about yur Mom's illness and recent setback Pat. Your concern and sorrow over your missing half made for some very poignant posts, and I am glad you shared them. Sometimes acknowledging sadness and worry help ease the fear where trying to post without doing that would likely seem inane. It's all part of being authentic and that is one thing I have learned about you in the short time I have been a Follower - you are most definitely authentic! I hope your Mom recovers quickly and that you will feel whole again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat I follow your blog and admire your beautiful talents. I wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and wishing the best for your Mom. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am so pleased to hear your Mom is doing better. Thanks so much Pat for mentioning my etsy on your blog - much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!