Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snowy day makes for great play day!

I have been enjoying myself since early this morning. Yes it is cold out,yes it is snowing, no, there is no sun shining however..........the house is clean, dinner planned and my studio is warm, well lit, and the music is playing. Once every few minutes the hum of the sewing machine is heard between the clipping of paper. I have been making Valentine pockets for my little brooches. I must get them mailed tomorrow to arrive by the 14th!
I did a little photo shop-ing and came up with the cards with the vintage winged boy, French handwritten background, pink roses and a dragonfly. I then cut random shapes from old pattern tissue and stitched a pink paper doily to it to hold a teabag. Then I stitched the card to make a pocket to hold the brooch.


Naturally I had to sew on a few more paper elements and a tulle heart...........I found some yummy Valentine tea. The flavor is,"White Chocolate Kisses", and it tastes like the chocolate tootsie pops.
 Each one is a bit different because I do not care to duplicate anything.

The gal received her wall hanging and loved it. Whew! Always great to hear from a pleased customer. I gathered the fabrics for the next CQ. I love the colors she chose and the theme, Victorian and roses. I will be piecing this tonight. I can't wait to gather the embellishments!!!!!
 I hear the snow plow going by for the 6th time today. Time for me to finish my Valentines and get them ready to ship out in the morning.
Stay warm and play with abandon!

12 comments:

  1. Pockets and Brooches are beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These make me think of spring as we wait for the snow to hit here. I think tomorrow might be a total crafting day for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very creative your pockets upon pockets are for your Valentines. I love them. Keep creating...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did I say you were good? Wow I'm loving these. I must learn to sew with my new little machine. It's never to late to learn! Have a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little pockets, they are so cute and the broches will be so sweet in them. You are so creative. That green CQ purse the you enter in Mind Wide Open is sooo beautiful. The colors and work is delicious. I'm working on a CQ cushion for an antique chair. Have to be careful what I put on it because you can't set on just anything.
    Hope you have fun tomorrow crafting.
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun! I've wondered what the white chocolate tea tasted like. Tootsie Pops! LOL! Being snowed in is great if you don't have to go anywhere. It looks like it won't get much worse here but I'll still wait til daylight tomorrow to go to work. Stayed up way too late tonight in the hopes that it was getting bad out. However, a peek out the door shows that nothing has changed in the past few hours so I guess it's business as usual tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great Valentine pockets and filled with such yummy goodies, Some one is going to be very happy with these Sweets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. White chocolate tea? How very intriguing.
    The brooch is exquisite, and so beautifully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pat, you always come up with the cutest things!
    YOur Valentines are precious!
    Hugs,Liz
    P.S. I am not surprised the lady lied her wallhanging...I don't know if a person that wouldn't LOVE anything you made! Love the new fabrics & colors she picked....I am sure it will be beautiful!
    Hugs,Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat, your Valentine pockets are so pretty and Springy! And I love your collection of supplies for your next project.

    Always enjoy my visits to your blog!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pat, your Valentine pockets and broaches are delightful....the receivers will wear them proudly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never heard of chocolate tea! I will have to check that out on the internet. You are so very clever - I must get my sewing machine whirring - you have inspired me to have a go.

    Pink and chocolate for the new CQ how wonderful - and Victorian too -such a romantic era.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!