Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Busy around here!

I have a lot to catch up on, I should start with the final results from my detox. I weighed in on the doctors scale and I was 8 pounds lighter!!! That was a perk. I have newfound endergy...possibly from toxins being washed away???
Who knows, but that and biking 1 to 2 hours daily certainly had amazing results.

It became pretty busy around here after I caught the cleaning bug from DH. Saturday me and Laney went to Vogue fabrics and the mall. The mall was crazy as was expected. That is the last time I "played", it's been work, work ,work ever since. When I arrived home from my fun day I found DH painting the kitchen ceiling. The next morning I started in cleaning the pantry and laundry room then  BAM! Wave of energy and the need to change my environment.
I now have the downstairs hall and front room painted, a new "shabby" chandelier hanging in the hall with the cutest tear drop crystals hanging from it. The stairway will be re-carpeted either tomorrow or Sat.I will take pics when all is finished. I'm debating if I should continue painting another room or quit until after Christmas. I've got to get my tree up !!!

What a crazy time to paint your home. My little gifties I had planed to make will now be New Year gifts. I just can't stop in the middle of this ordeal.


I hope you all have been keeping creative.......I can't believe Christmas is in two weeks. Does anyone remember "Little Miss No Name"?

9 comments:

  1. So glad you are happy with your detox program. It is certainly worth the results you got.

    I am always amazed at how you find enthusiasm in cleaning house. You are my inspiration.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If energy like you just experienced is a result of detox maybe I should consider it. Of course the weight loss alone would be a good reason for me to detox. Looking forward to your photos of the new paint and surroundings. A great way to begin the New Year! So glad you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, I just "de-toxed" myself away from a cholesterol medicine that is causing me muscle pain. I am hoping I also have good results! And going low fat! Can't hurt!
    Good for you on the weight loss! This is never an easy thing to accomplish. Bravo!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, that doll. I had one as a teen, and finally had to hide her in the closet, she just made me so sad. No matter what I dressed her in or how I played with her, she was just sooooo miserable.

    I later had a daughter who was very much of the same personality.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what energy you have women I wish i could chanel that. But oh its going to be worth it because you always do the loveliest things. I know it will be a beautiful Christmas when you get done. Merry Christmas honey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, your detox program sounds amazing and the time is right for me...I'm going to try The Ultra Simple Diet book...it's a 7 day plan...and see how that goes.

    Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat, congratulations on loosing your weight but this doll is creepy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pat! I have been sane quilting and JUST finished a fan quilt for my daughter! The detox sounds interesting, I may have to go back and read all your posts... Little Miss Noname is soooo cute! Where did you get her? Marva

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done with the detox - you certainly are full of energy. Can't wait to see the photos of all your handy work.

    I am a busy bee here too -not enough time to get everything done - but I am sure that I will somehow.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!