Sunday, September 20, 2009

Quiet day...

I spent most of this day visiting mom. We sat on her front deck and drank tea , gabbed,and laughed out loud. That is one of the perks of living in the country...you can squeal or cackle like a hen and no one hears you :-)

It certainly feels like an Autumn day. The weather remains in the 70's which is I think is perfect for a year round temp, if only,and the sun's rays are nice and warm.
As we sat slumped down in our chairs with our feet up, I think we discussed every imaginable subject we could think of. Then we planned a Michigan trip to Lemon Creek Fabrics. I just can't put it off any longer and mom loves that ride through the grape Arbors. Perhaps we will find an open roadside stand to explore.
After about 5 hours we both started yawning..time to go  home and get busy.

I wanted to share the shelving unit Jilly brought me. I can't wait to fill it with goodies. This is a start....

I also put together two more class kits which is always fun. Tomorrow I must go through my fabrics and fill the class room bins. Then a bit of stitching. I must finish some friends projects. I'm hoping to finish one each day. I know a huge weight will be lifted from my shoulders when the last one has been shipped. I feel like such a slacker this year however I do realize I really had my plate way too full. That is very bad for my muse. She cannot tolerate stress,LOL! She is stubborn and takes a leave of absence when I overload her. Who can blame her?

I received some cool news! Thanks to those who ordered from MOO, I received my free MOO card code and designed my cards early this morning. Thank you ladies!!!!!!! I hope you are enjoying your MOO cards!!! 100 MOO cards are $3.00 off until midnight tonight!!!!!


I'll leave you with a picture from my past, a fun memory from the 70's. Pouring my family lemonade after a hot day in a Michigan fruit orchard.
Have a great Monday!

7 comments:

  1. It sounds like a fun, lazy day. I know that your mom must love having you visit as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy is that your brother sipping lemonade? What a hottie! And you my dear are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have been a butterfly on the front porch, watching and listening to your mom. I just can't imagine the joy of such an occasion, never having experienced it - but oh how I love to read about them.

    Your 70's photo is brilliant - such a wonderful family group - I thought it was the design for the moo cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed reading about Ellen. I have seen Ellen's work in Patti Culea's latest book creative Cloth Explorations.I loved seeing Ellen's work in there. I didn't realise it was the same Ellen as your pal. What beautiful work she does.How inspiring she is. What great dyeing work. It would be FAB to chat to her, and call her a pal!!
    Thanks Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodmorning Pat,
    Sounds like you are nearly ready for your classes. I love what you did with the unit Jilly brought you..
    You do have the "Touch" with things..
    I loved the picture from the 70's
    thank for sharing, It's always fun to look back.. I would share some of me back then but I don't think cameras were invented yet!! hee hee
    ROTFL ;-}
    Have a great day
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a whirlwind!!! Can't sit around too long at your house- you'll be painted white!!! Wish some of that inspiration would rub off on me!! I ahve two bathrooms to go and the inspiration to do it is on an extended VacaTion!! HA HA!!
    The shelf is wonderful- no wonder you recieve so many cast offs- your simple and elegant transformations are amazing.

    Too bad that you aren't having any fun getting ready for clasees!!!!! HA HA HA!!!!
    Big Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pat I love the old pic! And I LOVE my Moo cards!!! They are already almost gone.Carrying them on my key chain has been great ~ they are always there.
    Everything is looking great for the start of your classes! I'm so excited ! I can't wait to hear about it.I have given Laurie strict instructions for you to give each other a GREAT BIG bear hug from me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!