Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Flowers from mom and flea market finds

I still feel a bit queasy this morning but I am determined to post before I forget.Monday evening I was watering the petunia on the front porch and the local flower van stopped in my driveway. Two young men came walking toward me with this beautiful bouquet. It wasn't my birthday, or any special day, so who were these from and why? Who else? My mother and brothers! To congratulate me for winning ribbons at the fair,LOL. My goodness, rewards for awards??? I can live with that :-) I placed them on the dining table which is where the beautiful candle holders from Freda found a home.

That ended the day very well I must say.

Yesterday morning mom came over and asked if I wanted to go to the flea market in Valpo. Well yes, of course I do!!!!
It wasn't very large this week but I found some treasures. I had to have these shabby knobs for $2, to add to an old chest. Then I found these cups and plates with birds. Although I do not use blue to decorate with, I fell in love with these bone china dishes. Two different patterns, but these birds will all get along together well.I thought they would be great for the new crazy quilt studio which I am working on and hoping to start offering classes by October. So if you come for classes, you will be served tea from these cups.One more thing before I go....I found these little watch part bottles on etsy and wanted to share. Molly,the gal who sells them is as sweet as she can be and I thought I would pass that on. It is always helpful when you share good shopping experiences.
They will stay safe in this jar until I want to play!
Have a great day and stay out of the heat!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Pat...congratulations on the ribbons you won at the Fair. How exciting! The flowers from your mother and brothers was sooo sweet. Not sure I've ever seen such a gorgeous bouquet.

    Love your blog!!!!

    oxRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are beautiful! That is such a sweet gesture from your Mom and brothers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat congratlations on winning so many ribbons especially the best of show. What else could it be. That was so nice to receive the flowers from your family and I also haven't seen such a gorgeous bouquet of flowers and colors.
    Your classes sound wonderful. Maybe one of these days we will get to meet.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the ribbons at the fair and the lovely flowers from your family! So nice that they are so proud of you.
    Thanks for the shopping review, good to know who is nice to work with!
    Pat
    Patricia Rose-A Potpourri of Fabric, Fragrance and Findings
    www.patriciarose-apotpourri.com
    www.patriciarose-apotpourriof.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beth Bricker8:20 PM CDT

    ooooooh! Where and when is the flea market in Valpo? I love the cups you found, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You hit the jackpot!!! What wonderful finds!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!