Saturday, February 07, 2009

Third Shabby CQ nightlight finished.

The first two nightlights flew out the door , so I have been working on a few others. This purple one was just finished moments ago.
She is deep in thought with Spring on her mind, and the millions of violets that will be covering the yard soon. Well, at least that is what I was thinking while stitching :-).
It was gorgeous today, warm, sunny, a bit windy, but so much better than earlier this week. It will go in my etsy shop tomorrow. I used a few of my coveted vintage velvet violets on this one as well as a vintage dyed chiffon two layer applique which I left the top layer free. Laces,silk ribbon embroidery, beads, and a sweet little girl image dressed in purple make up the embellishing.
It is hard for me not to use my favorite things on my work. I admit I create for myself in mind because I have to make something that suits me, not just throw something together just to be creating or to get rid of unwanted stash. I weed that out to Goodwill and the church resale shop.

Unfortunately, as I have said before, I can't keep everything and yet I can't stop creating. This is when etsy comes in handy!!!

Tomorrow evening I will try to finish the Aqua shade. I must stop by Ellen's in the morning, and I have a play date with two ladies tomorrow afternoon. We are playing in Sue's studio!!!!!! I can't wait!
Have a great evening and beautiful tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Another beauty, Pat! I love that you create with the pieces of your stash that you love! I think that's what make your work stand out. It really shows that you create with you heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's no wonder these beauties are flying out the door!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat..
    thatlampshade turned out just romantically wonderful (:)
    hugs, Patty..beautiful music (:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is stunning!! I love purple and violets!! must go take a peek at ETSY!!
    there was a bluebird at our birdbath this morning!!! Spring is coming!!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!