Sunday, January 25, 2009

Gathering treasures for future redecorating project

I have never planned when I decorated my rooms in my home, so this is a first for me. I am enjoying taking my time to gather treasures, peruse collected magazines, and dream of what each room will be dressed in. I hope I won't bore you, but I will be posting ideas I have found and progress on my future project in various posts.

This morning I was fortunate to nab a beautiful little object from Laurie of Lauriescharmingdesigns. Isn't this adorable? I love Laurie's offerings and will be keeping a close eye on her etsy shop and blog.

Since I am in the "Gathering" stage of my redo, I set a theme and am making a list of my needful things. I will be using creamy distressed items, birds (bluebirds & swallows), iron work, delicate florals (lilac,roses,pansies, larkspur,ivy)and pretty tea cups, lace, and unique finds such as crystal chandeliers.

I was happy to discover iron nests with birds in various designs while at Hobby Lobby last week. I will take photos soon to share. I bought a metal nest with birds for a centerpiece, metal nest and bird sconce, and a metal branch with a bird that has hooks for dried lavender and fun things.

Now I must find a glass cloche to enclose a trio of real bird nests with emptied eggs which will sit on a slice of real wood for a more natural vignette.

I am off to create a Lilac eyeglass case. The order came in last night and I am anxious to play with purple! Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that piece is wonderful! I'm going to check out her etsy site right now! Love your gatherings, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Laurie's spoons just get better and better! I love that vintage music sheet piece on the bowl of the spoon! The next and bird charm are all so lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this piece!! I mus visit her shop as Chickadee's are my very favorite bird- maybe she will do a custom order!! You ahve inspired me to finish up some home dec projects that I ahve put off for too long.. I have had 6 large paint swatches stuck behind the edge of the powder room mirror for two years now- time to get on the ball don't you think!!!! I would much rather be beading or creating art work. I need to think of the rooms as canvases and just get'er done!!
    Hugs!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!