Sunday, November 09, 2008

Finished eyeglass cases

Hmmm. I wonder why there is a few Chihuahua hairs on my keyboard? Sweet Angell is asleep on her pillow. Besides, she knows she isn't allowed up here.

I finished the eyeglass cases for a woman in Florida and thought I would share them with you. I enjoyed working with the rich Tuscan colors. Tammy wanted the sunflower from my CQ in the center with a bee charm. I was worried about the pale teal and pink one but I have to say, it is really pretty in person, and perhaps my favorite so far. I reluctantly used a piece of tatting made by my friend Wendy in Singapore. I wanted this case to be light and airy yet have lots of texture. Tatting provides that. I rarely use something meant for me, and I treasure Wendy's tatting because I cannot do it and I love it, and it's from Wendy's hands, but sharing a piece that really looks nice on a project is a good thing.....at least I keep telling myself that :-)
So these will be on their way tomorrow and another task marked off my list.

2 comments:

  1. They are both nice, but the pale teal and pink one is spectacular! Why would you feel badly about using a friends tatting on a beautiful piece such as this? I would think any tatter would feel honored to have their work showcased in such a beautiful manner! I LOVE it when you use real tatting on your work. It give it that something extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The eyeglass cases are beautiful! I love the idea of showcasing tatting on these little works of art!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!