Thursday, November 06, 2008

Busy? Me?

What would I do without projects waiting for me? I don't think I will ever know. I don't think that I ever want to . I believe your creativity is fed by always having projects ahead of you. Perhaps many of you do as well and this is why there are so many swaps, challenges and RR's. All I know is that I have two commission pieces, a large and small gift item, and a charity project waiting to be finished within the month and my mind is in overdrive daily. I have been staring at this package for a few months now. It is from Monica, and it is filled with inspiration. I must construct a 10" square block for a project. I hope to have it finished in two weeks and on it's way back to her. I get to keep a square, but that will be a hard decision, so I won't think about it just yet. Once I start the project, it will let me know which square is mine. :-)
Last night was the last crazy quilt class. I took in the boxes and bags of fabrics and stuff from the quilter who generously shared, and things that I cleaned out from my studio. Everyone shared their stash and was cutting and gathering goodies to play with. One gal took the leftovers to a school for the art teacher who weaves with her students. That was wonderful for two reasons. It is great to be able to give it to students to use, and I didn't have to haul it to the church shop today. Yeah!!!! DH will be happy.

I forgot my camera, so I have no photos to share. I really enjoyed these gals and I think they had fun and will continue to dabble in CQ. Oh yes, I was invited to a quilt show in IL next week. Now that is a great way to end a class!!!!

This morning I am taking a polymer clay class. I have tried working with clay before but I had no direction, got bored, and stored it away. After seeing new ways to use it, I am interested again and was thrilled to be asked if I wanted to participate in a class. I have been gathering my supplies and hope to learn some basics so I can finish off some projects with clay, and learn how to make elements for CQ. I found this cute tote that fits all my junk and it has a secret drawer........

.......where I hid my clay. Yes, I am amused by the smallest things. I'm actually hoping I won't get into this too heavily as I do not have the time for another hobby. I just want to make some pretties to share and use in my projects. The teacher is an award winning quilter and a very sweet woman. She was in the "under the sea" CQ class I taught last Spring.

After class I will browse Barnes to see if any new mags are out. I'm in the mood for eye candy! Well fellow bloggers,I had better get myself cleaned up because I want to leave a bit early so I can stop for an Asiago cheese bagel and green tea (6points) at Panerra before class. Have a good one!

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your tiny square creation. You clay supply holder is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an exciting day ahead. Enjoy, Pat! Looking forward to see what you create with the polymer clay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,
    I love the magical music on your blog. Each time I visit, I'm surprised by the magical sounds that fill my office. It makes me smile. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot wait to see your beautiful PC creations Pat.
    Are you going to make floral items?

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes! I see one of my squares in that packet from Monica -- oooh, can't wait to see what you do with this project!!!


    Kathy V in NM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat,

    I just wanted to stop by and thank you so very much for the pink pendants (from the Love Squared raffle). They are simply gorgeous!!! I can't wait to find a use for them, as of now, they are sitting on the edge of my mirror so that I can see them everyday! I thought it was awesome to recieve something from someone so close to home! I have seen other ladies speak of you (VERY highly, LOL) but never had time to stop by....but wowee, I see now that you are a very talented and busy gal! I'll be adding your blog to my bloglist, I hope you don't mind!

    Thanks again, those little treasures mean the world to me!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!