Saturday, March 15, 2008

Two new hearts for COH

I joined the Chain Of Hearts (COH) list a couple years ago and enjoyed exchanging hearts with over 3 wonderful ladies from around the world. A sweet woman named Lisa who purchased my book learned that I was a member while reading the page describing the COH in my book and asked if I would exchange with her. This was exactly what I needed, a small but meaningful project to work on in between life's busy moments.


I finished two and posted one on COH list and Margreet from The Netherlands wanted to exchange.



It was so nice to get back into making these small enjoyable projects. Thank you Lisa and Margreet for exchanging hearts. I can't wait to make more. I enjoy making projects with meaning. I think that is an important part of creating anything, Art or otherwise. If there is no meaning or reason behind it, it shows. It is "hollow" when you view it. I can see it and believe other's can as well all though I have never seen it discussed. Hmmm any opinions out there?

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely about making projects that have some meaning behind them. It *does* show, at least in my own work. I even have a hard time finishing projects if I haven't been able to invest some kind of meaning into them. (Speaking of which, some of those sequins you sent me have gone onto a wall quilt that I'm swapping at the end of the month. It's been amazing how much closer I feel to the recipient - even though I've never met her - since making this little quilt with her in mind!)

    How large are these hearts? Is a template provided so they come out similar in size? How have you finished them or used them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Pat, and think that's why I enjoy making gifts for friends....most of the things I've made have been given away....

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!