Saturday, November 24, 2007

Mail day continued..adorable apron.....memories

Tonight when I am soaking in my bubble bath and inspecting the kewl sequin yarn,I will be snacking on a slice of Cranberry bread which must have fallen into my package from my friend Terri.


Terri Takacs offered this beautiful little child's apron in her Etsy shop, which she made in a delightful vintage Winter fabric.She snuggled a candy cane in the pocket which is trimmed in a cute velvet rick rack. Perfect accent!
You ask why I bought a child' apron if I only have a 22 yr old son? Well, I was promised a grandchild in the future,and this will be saved for him or her.
I remember baking with my son from the age of three. I can see his little fingers gripping the large wooden spoon which was our "magic baking spoon" only to be used for cookies and cake batter as he stirred the choc chip dough. He stood on a stool in front of the counter with his little white apron with painted hand prints which I found when he was two. I always kept him busy with a messy project. Finger and toe painting,clay making, goop,slime,gluing stuff,you name it, that child's hands were involved,which required an apron. When I saw Terri was making them, I had to have one.See, I don't have any sister's,and my only two niece's live in Hawaii,so the only chance I will have baking with a child again will be when I become a grandmother. Thanks to Terri,I will be prepared for this magical moment of floured hair,buttered fingers and choc chip smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!