Sunday, September 30, 2007

Blissful morning creating "Mono blocks"



I have had such a creative morning. In between answering the phone from well wishers, I have been sewing blocks together for swing purses.I decided on shades of one color for most of them.I will introduce accents colors with the embellishments.

The first one is a Mocha color which I plan on embellishing with pale lilac. The lime will have a hint of coral,the green butterfly will have hints of purple,the fuchsia and orange has a hint of golden yellow,which I dyed the most fantastic trim for it last night. Last but not least, the dark wine/plum with have a hint of brown and rust. I will embellish these this week and start on pendants. I enjoy working on several blocks at a time,I never get bored of one color and when I return to work on a block, I see it differently. Just wanted to share. Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Well you have your work all cut out!
    Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all wonderful, very elegant being in single colors.

    I like to work on multiple pieces at the same time too.

    Happy Be-lated Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful blocks. I love the laces on all of them, but the last one particularly. My favs, though, are the lime and the green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blocks are so beautiful. I really like the apple green and wine coloured ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's almost as if you opened your eyes and it's autumn... Very lovely pieces, and I know they will be jewels when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is beautiful!
    greetings from Holland,
    Ineke

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!