Sunday, March 04, 2007

Experimenting with hand needle felting
















I couldn't wait any longer to experiment with needle felting so I bought the little clover set and played yesterday. I am waiting on the local sewing shop to get in a felting machine. They sold the only one they had. I want to see how it works before purchasing it. Anyway, I wanted to see how the needles work. I bought a set from a yarn shop a few years ago and put them away never to be found again. I gathered my roving,cheesecloth,silk,and chiffon and went to play. It is a lot of fun to watch the fluff turn to a solid (compacted) I was amazed at how the fibers in one fabric blend so well with fibers in another. I have a long way to go, and the photos just do not show how well these fabrics and fibers are attached so well. I am going to make this into something. It is a nice size for a purse front. I have wet felted before, and enjoyed it. I am going to try something small today. Naturally I had to order some roving. I found a beautiful bunch on Etsy from FatCatKnits. I bought a blended bunch so I had several colors to experiment with.

Aside from playing around with needle felting, I have been preparing for my presentaion on the 14th. I put together some embellishment boards to show that most anything can be used in CQ. I included a display of hand made items such as stumpwork,french wire flowers,beaded bees,velvet flowers, etc to show you don't have to buy everything, you can make it. I have my speach part written but not printed out. I want to make sure it is long enough first.

Yesterday the Elliptical machine arrived. I did 10 minutes and was ready to die. With Curves,the bike and floor exercises I do, I assumed I could jump on that thing and do an easy 30 minutes. It kicked my behind in 10! You know where I will be every morning until I can tackle it with less panting.

My son will be home in a week for Spring break. I can't wait! That is something I can look forward to as it is very hard to keep uplifted when you have Spring fever and live in Indiana. I look out at the bright sunshine and think of swinging on the front porch with a new project or a new magazine. Oh! Oh! Oh! Speaking of new magazines made me think of the $100,000 Quilting Challenge magazine, and guess who's gorgeous quilt will be in issue #2????????? None other than Allie Aller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you haven't seen her beauty,:Crazy for Flowers" as it was n the making, you must visit her blog. It is so cheerful and makes your heart sing. I'm pulling for ya Allie! Best of luck!!!!

That about sums up what I have been up to. I need to get started on my challenge purse soon. I can't decide on a theme or color yet. Waiting for Spring to arrive..........................

2 comments:

  1. It looks great so far. Love the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful. I'll be interested in what you think of the machine. I am, for the present, closing myself off to these possibilities. I have more than enough going on, but seeing so many people doing this makes it ever more tempting! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!