Saturday, October 28, 2006

Crazy Quilt contest entry "Life Within A Garden"















Well, the $100,000 Quilting Challenge magazines are in the stores now, so I can share pics of my entry for the finals. These pics are not as bright as my CQ, but you can get an idea. You can vote from the ballot in the magazine, or at the website at www.quiltingchallenge.com.
The ballot online will be available Tuesday.

My quilt is named"Life Within A Garden" after the poem by Lady Rosamund. I have always loved the poem, and it seemed to fit. The many dragonflies represent my father's presence (long story) The color purple, well, if you know me, you know I love purple. I used every technique I could think of from Russian punch needle to stumpwork to make it an interesting and lively piece.

4 comments:

  1. Every picture I see makes the whole more amazing. What a gorgeous piece. Whether you win the contest or not, you're already a winner by having made such a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star winter garden
    We are for over 10 years active as certified enterprise successfully in the building of winter gardens. In the course of our activity we planned and established already more than 1500 winter gardens. With addresses in (master seat and manufacturing),in Hamburg, Hanover and Bremen are represented we Oldenburg-had in the most important restaurant regions of Northern Germany and offer there to our customers our comprehensive power spectrum.
    http://www.stern-wintergarten.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    Detailed information to our products as well as helpful Tipps and information for planning and establishment of wide-products take you please from the separately proven topics on this side.THANKS.
    http://www.wide-products.de

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will add this link to our Resource centre website - you've done a great job.
    Detailed information to our products as well as helpful Tipps and information for planning and establishment of cityfly take you please from the separately proven topics on this side.
    http://www.cityfly.net

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!