Thursday, June 18, 2015

Sumertime is here

It has been so humid and wet here but I do steal a chance at meandering through my flower garden between the rain storms. It seems when the flowers open, it rains for days and I miss the blooms that I've waited months to see again. Not fair mother nature....not fair at all. But at least it isn't snow. The phlox along the front sidewalk garden are 5'7" this year. They will be blooming very soon and I cannot wait for that explosion of color and sweet fragrance.
Speaking of sweet fragrance, I harvested my first lavender a few days ago. Its ready to cut again.
  Mom wanted to see Spy with Melissa McCarthy (Molly) so we enjoyed an afternoon together. Yes, there are a few R rated words but the laughs make up for them. Besides, on regular TV you hear worse these days. So, another fun outing with mom. After the show I had arranged to meet a gal selling a rascal. Mom tried it out and liked it, so now she has a more comfortable mode of transportation when we go to St. Joe shopping. Her osteo and hip is so painful and this will help tremendously. I tried it out. What a smooth ride!
I finished another purse using a bit of shibori and put it in my etsy shop. I have a purse sale going on at the moment.
There is a fun small publishing project I'm working on that I will announce soon. Although I couldn't have possibly continued teaching and publishing the magazine, I still miss the tutorial and photoshop work so I've come up with a solution to pacify my muse. I hope you find it of interest and I promise to fill you in very soon.

Other than enjoying all I can at the moment, there is nothing else happening. And that is how I like it. Enjoy your day!




5 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you on the weather, Pat. It seems our yard will never dry up. More rain and storms forecast for today in MI. I too need to harvest some lavender, and while we are between rain and sun, I will do that. I look forward to see what you are publishing next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of lavender and the scent - but unfortunately it doesn't like me quite so much. Looking forward to seeing what you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden has always been such an inspiration. Glad your Mom is got an easier way to get around and the two of you can enjoy your time. My son took a job near you after graduation. I told him of all the wonderful trips you had to the beach with your Mom and the info on the area. Hope to make it there someday to visit. Can't wait to see what you have planned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden is fabulous and so are the crazy quilted bags. You do lovely work in everything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My DH just commented the other day on that little doll you send me long ago. She's still hanging in our garden window and looks great. Wish you could send some of that rain our way. It's incredibly dry here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!