Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Been a while

I'm sure you all haven't missed me during this busy holiday season. I've been staying busy and also enjoying some down time. DH has started his annual  6 week vacation so I'm hanging loose and not fretting with usual household duties.
The tree is up, only one this year. It just needs decorating. I haven't got the usual spring in my step this year but I'm sure it will return soon.
I have sewn a few things. This CQ neck purse traveled to Annamaria.

 I just completed this one and it is going to Kathy in MI.
I've also had the pleasure of purchasing beautiful Oya from my dear friend Rengin of Turkey.
She offers the most beautiful and delicate Oya, Turkish Needle Lace, all handmade in her town. Rengin offers Oya and various CQ items along with other crazy quilters on facebook, join Secondhand crazy quilt supplies and rid your studio of unwanted stash and see what we have in store for you. Debra Dixon is our "mom" and I'm sure you will find some needful thing or two.

I also wanted to share some pretty dainty hand painted porcelain treats from Brier Rose. She is moving at the moment, but once she is settled, I will post because she will be offering her sweet things again. As you can see, they are quite charming little treasures that make my heart sing.
While visiting mom last week she handed me some old photos she found in dad's dresser. Brings back memories. Me at age 10 or 11. I actually remember that dress, it was sheer large pink, orange and lime flower overlay on a white cotton slip. What was she thinking buying me that? LOL.

This was taken in West Virginia at my cousins house when Ed was a just a little guy. Mom is in front, dad is to the right and the rest are cousins. Had to be 1986. I wish I had a photo of the whole house, it is a big beautiful Victorian in Fayetteville.

Time sure moves by swiftly doesn't it?
A few weeks ago I asked mom if she wanted to take a drive to the post office with me and we ended up at Red Lobster. She had a dream the night before that she was eating all the shrimp she could hold so.......it became a reality.
I've got a few errands to run today so I had better get hopping. I hope you all are healthy and happy and are being good because Santa is coming to town soon.

8 comments:

  1. I hope your day is filled with peace and blessings! My prayers continue for you and your family! I absolutely love your pieces and am thrilled and honored to be able to own one! Sending you hugs and much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat! Beautiful piece as always and you had some wonderful family memories to share! Cute picture of your mom at Red Lobster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to have such nice memories when looking at old pictures. I can so relate, I just did the same back in March - going through daddy's pictures brought back many great times during our travels. Wishing you and your family a beautiful & loving Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a nice lunch with Mom! Always love to see your wonderful designs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful stitching! Santa only needs one tree anyways!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pictures are always fun The designs are great .Lucky for you two getting to have lunch together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well MB I had a wordy comment and will try again. Don't have a clue what happened. I bet I clicked the wrong thingie, ya wanna bet?
    Love your post and the beautiful work that is AWESOME PAT. Always an inspiration for my eyes. Now I can smell the wonderful biscuits at the Red Lobster you and Mom went to. They could serve dog food and I wouldn't care, wouldn't eat it though, and if I get the biscuits I would be good to go. Yummmm. The china babies you got are so cute can't wait to see what you create with them.

    I am glad you and Hubby will play with his days off and what a treat to do it during Christmas time. You know when I put a tree up I think yikes such a lot of work for such a little bit of time but when it is up I love it. I don't decorate as much as I use to when the grandkids were little but some is good. I usually take it down about the 2 or 3 of January. Ok I hope I didn't forget anything I wandered and wrote. LOL Hugs and keep warm and toasty. YToT xoox

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!