Monday, December 29, 2014

2015 CQ hand project request...personal project

I've been wanting to make a wall hanging from crazy quilted hands of friends for so long. Ever since I made this one for a charity event in 2006.

Sooooo, I am asking for crazy quilted hands from my friends. Naturally I cannot and do not want to make a million hands, so I am asking of those who would like to be part of my wall hanging. When finished I will submit the finished work to the magazine. Any takers? The pattern will be your own  traced hand like mine above, natural size. I don't care which hand or if you have only three fingers. I will make three of mine to exchange if one of you want to make this project also. But I can only handle making about three more.

 I do have a couple of preferences .....

1~Pastel colors such as pale pink, sage or mint green, pale lavender, pale teal or baby blue, creamy yellow, pale antique gold and cream. (I'm truly not picky, this is just a guide)

2~Unfinished, just piece and embellish leaving 1/4" or more around entire hand for me to applique onto my wall hanging. This means no baking, and no worries, I do not care about tangled messes on the back of projects.

3~The three hands I do will be first come, first serve so request asap.

4~No time limit, just within 2015, but let me know you are sending one so I can plan accordingly.

5~Feel free to ask a favor of me for donating a hand. I believe in returning the favor. :-)

So, would you give me a hand in making my wall hanging? I hope so.

29 comments:

  1. Pat I would be delighted to make hand for your wallhanging. Are there any specific instructions for making the hand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well MB count me in. looks like fun and will reread your instructions oxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will get started this week like in about 30 minutes. lol I canplay and let you know when it is comin to ya. oxoxxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby has 3 football games to watch today and I watched 1 1/2 with him yesterday. I am footballed out. Beside I don't understand it at all. lol He is now at the half time of the first one. Just had to yammer about that . oxox

      Delete
    2. Yes, DH watched all three too. It is mindless.

      Delete
  4. Robin Waybright3:38 PM CST

    Hi Pat, if you don't mind a newbie, I'm in. Robin Waybright

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I'd love a hand from you, Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Hi Pat, one from down under will be on it's way in 2015. I would love one in exchange, If I've made the first three that is. I also have 5 puzzle pieces to send you. Can you resend me your snail mail address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to make a hand for your project. I have a few things that I need to finish first but will get it to you as soon as I possibly can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love to give you a "hand"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too will be delighted to send a hand. I have a favor to repay to you! About the edges would you like them zigzaged or left raw?
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Raw please....edges, not meat! LOL

      Delete
    2. My hand is finished. Do you still need one? email
      ; bamleynek @ yahoo.com

      Delete
  9. I did this as a teenager - got my grandparents hands and all my family. Since my grandparents are now deceased, the hand outlines are an absolute treasure to me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. absolutely would love to do this!! count me in Mary Beard in Austin Texas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'am kind of new at this if that's ok, I would love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Colleena. Thank you!

      Delete
  12. I have the envelope and hand ready to mail but do not know where to send to you???? my email is snowtx@aol.com - Mary Beard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat Winter
      1010N 350E
      Chesterton,IN 46304

      Delete
  13. Hi Pat. Looks like my first message got lost. I have a terrible time with Blogger losing my posts. Anyway, I would like to send you a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy New Year Pat! Just returned home from a long visit with my family and saw your requests for CQ hands - I will be more than happy to jump in and make one for you as soon as I get settled in back home. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would like to make one for you too. But it looks like there are a lot before me. Let me know if you would like me to make one. Jen Dewey wildrice1354@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to send u a hand. If you are still accepting please let me know. Defuscodesign@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. If your still taking offers on hands , I 'd love to build you one .....molly from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to give you a hand!! I will get it to you this Spring!! So glad I checked back in and found out what you are up to!! Do you still want hands???

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a hand ready to put in the mail now. Do you still need another?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!