Monday, September 22, 2014

Autumn is here, wedding in family,exhaling once again.

Yesterday morning I pulled on my play jeans, rolled up the pant legs, tossed on my big over-sized white shirt and twigged up my hair then made it down the stairs quickly but quietly. I jotted "Beach" on the refrigerator whiteboard for DH, grabbed a cold bottle of water and stepped outside to scuff on my terribly ugly squirrel nibbled Nike flip flops then headed to the beach not wanting to waste another minute.
The sun wasn't quite fully risen yet, my favorite time of the day. I heard the waves drawing me closer as I hurried down to the waters edge. Peace.......it's amazing how such a powerful pounding of the waves are so peaceful too. I knew my Sunday would be busy so I wanted this moment for myself. I closed my eyes and just listened for a while. I imagined the waves were electricity re-powering my much depleted energy. Time to restore! Rethink! Renew!
I did find some treasures too.
Autumn is here, actually it has been here the past few weeks but the calendar doesn't know that. The Autumn Clematis which was emitting its wonderfully sweet scent just days ago is now spent. Nada, nothing but the white furling fluff left. At least I got to enjoy it a few days while stitching on the porch swing.

I've been so busy I didn't get to share that a couple weeks ago I had the opportunity to meet a sweet friend, Rebecca Boyer and her husband Don. We met at my beach and enjoyed a little walk. Rebecca has purchased from me and one day she sent me a peacock feather from one of her peacocks she used to have roaming around her home. I was touched by that trinket and from that moment I knew she was a beautiful soul, understanding the simple offerings are the most meaningful, I got it, she was who I thought she might be, a new friend.
We walked and discussed many topics, her husband is quite interesting and so very nice. I can't wait until they visit next year. This is Rebecca and her husband Don with their fur babies.
Family wedding!

My Nephew Warren was married yesterday in Hawaii. Can you imagine being married on a beach in Waikiki? It was no biggie for them since they live there, but what a perfect setting for a wedding. My beautiful sis Mila at the hotel the day before THE DAY!

 My big Bro Steve.
  I shared some parts of the reception on facebook. It looked like they had a blast with the dancing, the singer, the fun loving attitudes. I should have gone, and could kick myself for not making it happen. My brother and beautiful sis Mila are always so gracious. They are the closest to saints I've ever known. Battling two cancers, soon after chemo, Mila and Steve flew here to my son's wedding in May then stayed for a month to visit. She is one strong woman and I admire her so very much. Steve is so attentive to her and their marriage is built on love and it is a delight to be in their company. I'm blessed and fortunate to get to call them family.
 This was the reception hall decoration. Incredible.
Oh to live in Hawaii......................
So back to reality, My reality. life has been on hold for a reason I won't go in to, but now it is in full swing. Back in the saddle so to speak. Life is good and I have learned lessons galore this year. The main lesson that I've always believed and what keeps me afloat is...to thine self be true. Always, always, above anything else, be true to yourself and be yourself and don't let anyone sway you into being anything different. Haters will hate, players will play, as the song goes, but we/I don't have to join them. Life is so darn short. Why get caught up in the minds of other people? Just don't is all I have to say. Ok, I'm hopping off the soapbox.
Speaking of the soapbox, we had to get a new dryer so we got a washer as well and my laundry room was torn up for a couple weeks. DH decided to put a new floor down since the room was empty and I decided to move the Hoosier in there for storage. What a job. My pantry still has over spill. DH stacked the paper towels on the shelf and said he should have some say in the decor, LOL. That's my man! Ive since added lace edging on the shelves and lace on the vintage dryer my sweet pal Terri sent me.

How nice to have a laundry room that is fun to decorate. It is the last room in our home that needed attention. A lot of attention.
Once the Hoosier was moved from the kitchen, I missed it so I moved the bookcase my father found in a ditch, (yes, a ditch) downstairs in its place and hung the mirror from my bath above it. The buffet mirror was from my MIL's best friend , and mine, Dorothy. Her MIL gave it to her when she was married. It was too sweet not to accept although I wanted her to give it to one of her DIL's but she said they didn't like vintage. ????
Anyway.....as I was organizing I came across some old slides from 26 years ago. DH with our son playing in the water after a storm.
Me walking from the woods with my wellies,LOL, ok, my husbands gum boots.


DH carrying me in our new old home. Poor guy! Little" toe head" Ed climbing up the steps.
 
Me trying to organize my new digs.
 

 Seems like a lifetime ago. I can hardly remember living there but I do know I loved it. So many memories in five short years. We miss the 20 acre woods but I wouldn't change my location for all the tea in China.
The day is half over and here I sit. I'm outta here peeps. Make it a great day!


























2 comments:

  1. We live on the water (as we're fond of saying), but it's just a river and we definitely don't get waves unless it's from a passing boat. It was a dream of mine to live by water so I'm happy. Doesn't stop me wishing for some lovely ocean though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post Pat xxx
    Excuse my ignorance, but, what is a 'Hoosier'? (I'm sure we have them over here in the UK but, under a different name!).

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!