Friday, April 11, 2014

enjoying the weather

Wednesday I went to the beach and took a long walk. I found some mermaid tears and just enjoyed the sound of the waves.



Then I went to moms to clean up her flower garden and revealed yellow and purple crocus hidden beneath the leaves. It needs much more clean up but at least she can sit and watch the flowers come up. I worked on mine a little too until my back said enough. After a lavender epsom soak I was feeling much better.

I have spent enough time stitching, three purses and a pouch. The purple one I sent off, the forget me not periwinkle below, and the pansy pouch with a bit of shibori too.. I was on a roll but now the outdoors calls me.
This morning a friend stopped by to show me his new "old"car. It is so cute.





 He took me for a ride and it rides really nice. It is a repro called a sway, built in the 80's. I had no idea they existed. It has a rumble seat.

So after my ride I started in cleaning the garden then ordered 10 yards of mulch. I'm going to be very busy for about a week. It felt wonderful to be in the dirt and outside all day. Spring is here:-)

I'm curling up in my comfy chair with a cup of tea and my laptop to Pin for a while. I hope you all have a great weekend.





4 comments:

  1. It looks warmer over your way! We are expecting sunshine here fro a few days but, no warmer than 12oC with north - easterly then south - easterly and on Wednesday.
    You always seem to find 'treasure' on your beach walks!
    Your bags are really very pretty.
    Have a great weekend, look after your back!
    Sandie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my 10 yards of mulch and what is funny no matter how much you get it is never ever enough. That way with us anyway. Love the old car and of course the CQ work. Keep warm it is a tad cool here today. 86 yesterday and high of maybe 46 today they said we had a little snow but must have been 1 mile apart, each snowflake. Enjoy the day and off to go conquer something today. hugs and don't work to hard with the mulch. Finished two fabric books for a special project and thanks to your TUT it went perfectly. xoxooxxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee Shedivy10:06 AM CDT

    Really love what you're doing with shibori Pat! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pat
    Just dropping by to say "hi" and know that I think of you often! I hope you are really enjoying your time in the garden now that the warmer Spring weather has arrived (along with all that is needing to be done out there!) I know too that you are soo looking forward to your son and DIL to be's wedding coming up. Not sure when exactly so hope you are enjoying all of the events
    leading up to this too.
    Your CP bags look just gorgeous!
    Hugs from downunder,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!