Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Big Announcement

If you have read in the latest issue of Crazy Quilt Gathering, I'm retiring from the magazine. I will finish the year out because I have so much yet that I want to share and I also want to give the new owner a fresh start for 2015. I wanted to make the announcement of the new owner, publisher to you now....drum roll please... 

Pamela Kellogg of Kitty and Me!!!!!

I've known Pam for several years online and her background in publishing, creating, and reputation in the crazy quilt community speaks for itself. I will let her tell you about that. She is as excited to continue it as I am to have her to. I hope you will continue to subscribe/read the magazine because it will be the same fun content, but Pam will take it in new directions and continue to chock it full of eye candy and tutorials. The magazine will remain Crazy Quilt Gatherings by Kitty and Me for a while until everyone knows it is the same magazine. Pam should certainly have the right to rename it as she sees fit. I will certainly be submitting when I can.

More on that later, I just wanted to announce it so Pam could share her excitement because she is so sweet and considerate that she wanted me to share with my reader's first. Pam will take over for the Spring 2015 issue so don't hesitate to congratulate her and submit eye candy and tutorials, ads, etc to her at any time. But also...don't forget me :-) Three more issues this year awaiting your work :-) 
Hugs to all! Thank you Pam. ;-)

 

8 comments:

  1. I will be sorry to see you leave the magazine Pat, but, I am quite sure you will be leaving it in excellent and competent hands. Pamela is a gem, and extremely talented. I assume this might change the name of the magazine? That will be sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You couldn't have picked a better successor Pat! I know Pam will do an excellent job with the magazine and it will continue in the high standard of excellence you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will be sad to see you go. But we also know that you would not leave it to just anyone so we can be happy in knowing that the magazine will remain as exciting as it always has been in Pam's hands.

    I wish you the very best in your retirement and hope that you enjoy the heck out of it! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pat and everyone! I'm still bouncing off the walls and already planning out my first issue!

    Pat, I wish you the best!!! I'm sure your mom will love having more time with you as will your husband. And planning that wedding will be so much fun! I'm looking forward to tons of beautiful photographs.

    I hope I can create as gorgeous of a magazine as you have. Thank you so much!!!!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, I understand your retirement decision. Enjoy your time with your dear family...But, we're waiting your new creations as always we do.
    Wishing lots of success to Pam, she is perfect successor.
    All the best,
    Rengin

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are passing the baton to the perfect one! Pam will do an excellent job of keeping us inspired as you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee Shedivy6:43 AM CST

    Much success to Pam. Took a class from her a few years back and she's a great teacher. Good baker too. We'll miss you Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to both of you! You are both going to have to time to do new projects! And you are both excited, and that is awesome. You both do gorgeous work and it will be fun to see what projects you will add for submission!
    Enjoy your new found projects!
    hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!