Monday, December 16, 2013

Finished a project

Between Christmas shopping and Pinterest, I finished an order last week. A peacock feather purse.
The Christmas decorating has been slow going around here. I just can't get motivated to bring out all of the boxes of ornaments and lights and put up the big tree so I bought a live table top tree. I started decorating last night but got sleepy and went to bed. My little tree so far.
I'll finish this evening.
The kids stopped by Saturday evening. Megan had made cupcakes for a family function and I took one to share with DH because I had planned on making a cake on Sunday. Well, after I cut off a little bite for myself, it was soooooo good poor DH didn't even get to sample it. It's usually the other way around, but I must have had a sweet tooth.

I went to visit mom yesterday. She seemed a little down so I told her we would go for a drive one night this week while there is still snow on the ground to see the homes decorated along the lake. I think I'll take her to dinner first. Perhaps on her birthday tomorrow. I think she is just lonely since her friend passed away this year and her best friend had moved out of state a few years ago. She doesn't get out to make new friends so she's stuck with me and I keep busy and can't visit daily. She loves receiving mail, so I try to send a silly card from time to time. Have a sunny day!








6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:28 AM CST

    I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers. BJ Sandusky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charming purse, as are all of your creations. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the need for more chemo. Glad he's doing it. I feel bad about your mom. The elderly tend to get sad this time of year. And more often sick. I think too the gloomy days and snow make them feel house bound. Next winter, I'm going to look at the snow and be relieved I don't have to drive in it. Hope that feeling doesn't change. Take care, call if I can help! Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will continue to pray for you and your DH, that this all will have a positive result. God Bless you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about the need for more chemo - definitely sending positive thoughts in your direction Pat. As for Christmas, do what you feel up to doing and let the rest go. You have more important things to concentrate on right now and the decorating isn't a priority in the grand scheme of things. Take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping you both close in my thoughts and prayers, thinking positively.
    Love the purse by the way.
    Bees? I've missed something here?
    Happy stitching!

    hugs,
    Sandie xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!