Saturday, November 16, 2013

Oh my what a blissful day in Crown Point.....lots of pictures!

I had a marvelous time with my pal Leslie yesterday. I was so happy she was able to accompany me to the hunt & Gather event in Crown Point,IN. First we stopped at the Old Green Shutters Antique shop. Leslie found the first treasure!
We scoured the shop for nothing in particular which is really the best way because you are never disappointed if you come out empty handed. Much like many of you, we need nothing and really can't fit anything over the size of a few beads and lace into our homes,LOL. However, we must browse none the less right? No harm in looking......
 We stopped for a quick bite before heading to the fairgrounds where the event was held. I haven't been there since I was about 16. So we were half hour early but we saw a man go in and followed him. Apparently he was a vendor and it wasn't ready for shoppers so we stood at the entrance and absorbed the view.
It was the first time I've been first in line...ever! I felt a bit piggish but stood there anyway. People started rolling in and at 2:00 we were out of the gates! We truly didn't know where to begin. I didn't take more photos because I was being respectful of the vendors although I bet they wouldn't mind the free advertising! I was hoping to meet up with Peggy, a lady from Interwoven Expressions, a wonderful event held each Autumn which I had the pleasure to be a part of and was invited to be again in 2014. I'm seriously considering it since it will be held at the Sand Creek Country club almost next door from me. Anyway, I didn't recognize her so I didn't get to say hi. I was overwhelmed at the assortment of offerings. Handmade jewelry, antiques, odds & ends (my fav) tatting, furniture, etc. Great prices, friendly vendors and an overall great environment to search out that special find. If I had another house to decorate I could have filled it with wonderful things. However, I only chose what I could use. Leslie and I eventually separated because various things caught our attention, and we regrouped at the same time with treasures in hand. I guess I will share my treasures with you.....
A vintage sew in frame.

 Half doll, tiny perfume bottle with stopper, old spools, perfume glass vials intact,cloche,MOP buckle, thimble,and a hand thingy????

 I fell in love with this box.

  The glass lid isn't broken, the beautiful metal corner detail is so pretty and I am going to store my special charms in it.
My last find, and most exciting was a packet of calling cards, all from Crown Point residents. When I opened the packet this morning I found a selection I was thrilled with.
 Ive never seen a calling card that held an envelope. The names were in such elegant lettering.

 This is my favorite. It has just a small image to the left bordered with that fine feathery trim they used back then. Its just perfection!

We will be attending this event whenever possible. I believe they are holding one in March. If you get to Crown Point you must stop at Old Green Shutters Antiques. There are several antique shops in a row, so make a day of it. Thank you for sharing the day with me Leslie!!!! (Hugs)

We stopped at some shops on the square on our way home. Crown Point is a pretty town but I was disappointed to find all the little shops were gone. I guess the economy has forced them out so hopefully one day it will build up again.
Well my friends, I really have to buckle down and finish this magazine. Ive played hookey for much too long......but I enjoyed every minute!
Have a great day!!!




4 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:04 PM CST

    Thank you!! I am Carey creator of HUNT & GATHER and partner in OLD GREEN SHUTTERS ANTIQUES. I truly appreciate your kind words and sharing all this on your blog! Hope to see you in the shop soon as at the next market!!

    Carey Rowell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this goes on my road trip bucket list! Thanks for sharing. Love the calling cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun is this? Just to touch and look at so many pretties. thanks for sharing with us, like we are there and getting to see it semi first hand. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Pat! What beautiful things you found! I haven't been to a flea market or antique shop in quite awhile now. I think September, so it hasn't been that long but I'm already having withdrawals. Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!