Thursday, October 03, 2013

Govt can't stop me :-) (not political)

So, the govt shut down aaaaaay? So they roped off the beach parking since they "own" the shoreline and water apparently but I wasn't to be deterred. If you are addicted to beach walks, what can I say, nothing or no one can stop you from finding a way to get down there and plant your toes in the sand, breathe in the fresh air and enjoy the peaceful surroundings leaving life and Govt issues behind.

Sorry but Ive been coming to this beach for 52 plus years and no rope is going to stop me from taking my walk. I happened to see a familiar figure and his black lab walking back from the beach so I pulled up and asked if I could park at his house. He said absolutely! So I did and took the path through the woods. It was a beautiful morning. Autumn scents filled the woodland air.
 Across the road and down the stairs....
Ahhhhhhh, my beach awaits! Calm water this morning and plenty of sunshine. Just what the Dr. ordered.
I love the sound of tumbling pebbles being washed over by gentle waves. It sounds like pulling your hand through uncooked rice.
 My second treasure was a blue chunk so dad agreed with me, be free and let no one stop you from doing what you love.

 A gaggle of geese joined me. They must have the same idea, lol.
 I enjoyed a long walk but had a doctor appointment ahead of me so I headed back through the trail.
 Approaching Gunther's home, I heard beautiful music and his garage door was open. I stepped in to thank him once more and bid farewell and he was dancing alone. He explained that he is a ballroom dancer but these days he just dances alone in his garage. It was sad and beautiful. He is a very nice gentleman who spends warmer months here in Beverly Shores and winters in Florida. I learned he owns and flies a sessna  and John Travolta lives a street over.

 He showed me pics of his plane which looked like the red one above and his home with runway. It was pretty neat, he lives right on the gulf. He seems pretty happy just having his best friend, his black lab Howard keeping him company. He said anytime I need a parking spot to just pull up to the sail boat, no questions asked. So there Govt. rope off all you want.

My finds for the morning are below, plus the enjoyment of visiting an old friend who needed to share.
 A very nice morning for sure. Have a great day, I'm going to create!
(I drop the mermaid tears in various jars near a window, and many times share with those wanting some) 

7 comments:

  1. Pat, I like your spirit about the shutdown. Good for you. I'm with you. You go girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made it happen, Pat. Don't let the craziness affect you any more than it has to.

    By the way, what do you do with all of the gems you find on the shore? Do you display them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder the same thing about what you do with all those beach gems. Thinking how many of us would love a couple mermaid tears - put a couple in plastic bag and sell them - yes, I know they were free but with mailing and picking them up, you would deserve some remuneration. Thinking................Your parking friend must live somewhere within reach of me.
    Happy day to you, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice story Pat. I am sure living alone he enjoyed your company.

    Hugs
    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful blog. I so love to hear about your walks on the beach. I feel as though Iam with you every every step of the way. As for your friend , the idea of him dancing all on his own was both surreal and poignant. It brought tears to my eyes. Blessings Lesley UK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mb, there I thought I had commented on this one. I love your approach to the beach and there are more than one way to skin a cat. A southern saying. You did it. Can't keep the beach from a gal, that is your relaxation I do believe. Always love your blog and what you are up to my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful journey...thank you for sharing and loved the treasures along the way!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!