Saturday, August 24, 2013

New etsy shop

I wanted to share a new Etsy shop with you that my friend Jan Obertein has opened. I've been wanting her to open one for a few years and she gave in and did so. I wish you could see her things in person because the photos, no matter how good, don't do her art justice. Jan works in pastels with a feminine feel and it reflects the fact that she taught china painting. Delicate, dainty touches through which she shares her heart.
 I'm fortunate to have a few of her china pieces and her fiber/CQ as well. She has a style all her own and I know she wouldn't want me to promote her work but honestly, I do so every chance I get because I love it and want everyone to have a chance to view or possibly own a bit for themselves. I beg her to send pictures so I can share in CQGatherings magazine. I was thrilled when she did the purse accent in the current Autumn issue. I think it is so sweet and you will be seeing them in my work.
So, with the chance of her getting miffed at me, I want to share her shop and some pieces I love with my blog friends.
Her etsy shop is StitchesbyJanO. Feel free to mark her as a favorite so you can see her new items added.
These are a few of her fiber greeting cards.



 A Needle book
 A CQ purse
 Crazy quilt bolster type pillows


 Rag Journal



 So you see why I can't NOT share these with you? Sorry Jan :-)


3 comments:

  1. Yikes how did I miss this post. I love to see Jan's work and you sharing her work and all with us. I just went and made it a fav so I won't lose it. Not that I ever lose anything on the computer LOL xoxo YRoT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:52 PM CDT

    Hi Pat....Sounds like you have been having a great and full summer..glad you are enjoying yourself and getting some fun in. So glad that you got (twisted her arm) Jan to open an Etsy store..I have one of her sweet little fabric cards and no words can describe how sweet it is..the detail is amazing..and she puts her heart into all that she does. So glad that she is sharing her work with all of us she is a wonderful ~inspiration~ to us all. Thanks so much again for sharing.
    Takecare, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all really gorgeous. One of the pillows I've sure I've seen and admired before. I'm going to check out her etsy store right now.Thank You so much Pat.
    Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!