Wednesday, April 03, 2013

So much going on....

Hi Peeps! My computer was down for several days and I missed sending an Easter greeting so I hope you all had a nice Easter and/or weekend. Spring has arrived here in the Midwest and the sun is shining and teasing the flowers from their warm earthy winter homes. Green is popping up everywhere in the garden and I awake to birdsong every morning. I watch the Wisteria for any sign of buds daily as that is my favorite thing to see first thing in the morning. I love to look out the kitchen window and see the dangling purple blooms, especially when a hummer or two are flitting about. Last week I spent three warm days raking, clipping and hauling winter yard debris. Actually I raked and clipped and DH did the hauling. I now can sit and relax and watch the colorful beauty emerge when I return from South Carolina. My first task will be buying a lace leaf/cap hydrangea.

DH will put the garden and deck furniture out when I am away and plan on using it a lot this year. I freed up my schedule to spend more time with my mother, or actually my three mother's this year. I can hardly wait to just enjoy their company with nothing pressing on my mind. It has been several years since I've been in this situation and I feel like a bird freed from its cage.

The Kreinik crazy quilt is finished and I will post a photo soon. I could have done so much more, but the time just flew and I got as much done as I could in 2 1/2 months. Of course, all crazy quilters know it is hard to say when a project is done as we always see something more we could add. That is what I hear all my students and fellow cqer's say, I could have added more. LOL. I just hope Kreinik likes it. I was free to do whatever I wanted which was wonderful and scary at the same time.

I took mom to the beach last week and we had a very short walk but she loved it.


I'm trying to get her stamina up so it is easier for her to walk up the slight dune to the stairs. I hate seeing her struggling when only two years ago she was passing me up. That gall bladder surgery just took the wind from her I'm afraid. Tomorrow she has some pre-op testing before a procedure scheduled for the last week of this month, when I return. It is an easy operation and she is looking forward to it. So I won't be worrying about her stressing over it while I'm having fun with two wonderful friends laying by the pool and meandering down the beach. I always feel so guilty when I am enjoying myself. Silly!

The morning after I took mom to the beach I just had to return to get a walk in so off I went. My bud Dawn sent me a text shortly after I got there and she went to the beach nearest her and we met in the middle. It was a pleasant surprise to be joined by her and we gabbed the whole way and found several mermaid tears. Our main conversation of course was our upcoming trip. We are so excited to do this as you can imagine.

Easter was the one year anniversary of Angell's passing so it was a bittersweet day.
~ My baby girl~
 I prepared a ham dinner and our son came by. Megan was visiting her family and I missed seeing her but we will have some beach walks coming up soon. It was great to spend time with DS and later in the evening he cleaned my computer and I cut his hair,LOL.

Well the sun is shining and I have lots to do so I will bid you farewell for now and I hope you have a wonderful stress free day!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love hearing about your walks on the beach.I would love to join you, but alas, I can no longer manage to walk on sand. I miss the sea so much. My DH will drive me down to the promenade, but it's not the same as feeling the sand between my toes,and the wonderful feeling of cold water lapping over my feet as the waves come in. So I hope you don't mind me joining you on your walks...in a virtual way.You have already given me so much. By chance, several years ago I saw a pic of your work and loved it so much I decided to give CQ a try. Now, because of that I have stitching friends all over the world. I have quite a lot of days when I am confined to my day bed, and 'crazy' quilting has kept me 'sane' lol. So thank you so much. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, Thank you for the sweet comment. I'm happy to have you join me for beach walks! I'm also thrilled that you are now enjoying CQ and fellow cqer's worldwide.
    Hugs and see you on the beach!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acabei de conhecer o seu blog e achei maravilhoso.Já me instalei por aqui!!!Me visite:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat

    Just wanted to tell you tghree to ha ve a great time in SC. th weather should be perfect as it is finally over the cold spells and is warming up every day. Should be in the 80's for you.

    Can't wait to get home and see what is coming up in my garden. Early May will find us wending our way home.

    Hugs

    FredaB

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!