Sunday, February 10, 2013

A beautiful surprise!

I have been pretty busy, as usual and I thought I'd take a few minutes in between dyeing and stitching to blog a bit.
The other evening I had the pleasure of attending the Berrien Towne & Country Quilt Guild near St. Joe with Ellen Anne Eddy, who was presenting that night. My friend Leslie TH invited me quite a while ago and I was considering it, depending on our weather, and when Ellen asked me last week, I decided I just must go. Then I was feeling icky and wasn't so sure but something told me to go and I did and enjoyed a bite to eat with Leslie, Ellen and Lauren, all creative friends and great company.

Ellen's presentations are a lot of fun. Reading her blog hints at that fact. She knows how to make you feel comfortable and keep you smiling as you learn her technique of machine embroidery. (Ellen is the one in the front with pink and purple)
 Ellen urges others to pick up and feel her work. It truly is impossible not to want to stroke the fabulous stitching and mesmerizing threads she works with.
I had to share Leslie's boots with you. Aren't they cute? Embroidered!
Yes, the evening was not uneventful for me (but let's not go there, THANK YOU Les!!!!) however it was enjoyable and it was really great to see Leslie, Lauren and one of my sweet students from four or five years ago.

Speaking of sweet ladies, this beautiful pin keep and delicate tatted elements arrived from New Zealand Friday.
  Rayna Shone (love the name) made these for me "Just because". She wrote that she enjoyed my blog and magazines and the fiber book tutorial and just wanted to say thank you. Do I feel special? Yes! I wish you could see how beautiful and delicate her stitching is. Both sides are CQ and embellished with exquisite tiny beads and metallic embroidery and silk ribbon embroidery.  The tatted elements have squared pearls and tiny pearls worked in. I love how she inserted pastel pearl head pins. What a sweet gift. THANK YOU RAYNA!!!!!!! I will try to get a better photo because this is going in the Spring issue....which is running right on schedule, Yeah!

I could write more but I had better get busy. I am trying to keep on track with personal deadlines, and so far, so good!
Have a wonderful day and create if possible!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!