Friday, December 07, 2012

Playing with paper dolls at 53....who knew?

Hi dear blog readers, I think by now if you have followed my blog, you know I am a late bloomer. I was the last of my friends to play with barbie's and the last to "bloom" and have a boyfriend, etc. It used to bother me but not any more because in my mind I am young :-)

So, with that being said, you can imagine my delight when I was on Pinterest and found this idea!

My stomach got the giggles and I began searching on etsy for digital paper dolls. I found some on Altered Artifacts. I ordered and by the time I could get upstairs to turn on my PC Inka had sent them with such a sweet note with tips for better printing. Oh my! I was in heaven.

 I printed them onto matte photo paper, glued the sheet onto card stock, cut them out, assembled them and wrapped them with lace. I was sitting in bed at midnight cutting paper dolls and DH came up from watching TV, saw what I was doing, shook his head and went back down,LOL. I guess I am officially crazy! Whew Hoo!!!!!  I can see a basket of these in my studio and placed about here and there. I had forgotten how much I used to love paper dolls.

Whats funny is, I got a text from my sweet pal in CT, Terri Takacs, this morning and she was organizing her trims and laces and so was I so we exchanged photos and she had the doll idea below saved too. Great minds think alike!

I think we are both staying in our pj's cutting paper dolls today. Well, I do have to run to mom's for a bit but then back to my fun project.

Pinterest can be dangerous too.....I saw this coat and bought it yesterday.
 I hope it is as cute in real life. (no, I didn't need the 1x-3x.....yet)
So, if you want to have as much fun as Terri and I are having, go to Altered Artifacts and browse around, gather your lace and trims and have a ball! Have a great weekend too!








10 comments:

  1. Wow! These turned out so wonderful!
    Inka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!!! I will say at 12:30 this afternoon I did wash up, brush my teeth and put fresh jammies on!Knowing my pal was doing the same thing just reaved my creativity in overdrive!It's so funny,I brag to Frank how I never go out and shop anymore but he doesnt have a clue about the trouble us girls can find ourselves in on pinterest!!!Now back to paper dolls and lace....love you Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are these gals. I love them and love the coat also. I hardly every where one because I don't like their looks but wow on this one. Have fun with the dollies. xoox

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me smile.....LOL
    Great idea to do when you're snowed in like me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had these antique die cuts for years. Now I know how I can use them. They'd make pretty decorations for all those crackers people are swapping on the lists too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post. I'm just like you. I am locked into my paper doll years. I had literally thousands of every kind of paper doll imaginable. I can never pass up looking at any type of paper doll in print. Now, I'm making 2 different kinds of paper dolls and one of them has lace like yours! I love the way yours turned out. Just lovely! Thanks for posting. Hummm. I never saw them on Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These Paper Dolls are ssoooo CUTE!!I have to make some!
    Thanks for the link.Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your idea to give them clothes with laces. I also love this paper dolls (I'm 53 too) and think this is very pretty. Greetings and have a beautiful Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh.My.Gosh!!!! I LOVE those paper dolls dressed in lace yardage wraps!! Too cute for words! Maybe I need to sit in bed and cut out paper dolls too, lol! Thanks for sharing. I'll head to Altered Artifacts ... but I'd better stay away from Pinterest, at least until after the holidays!
    ((Hugs)) ~ Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous7:50 PM CST

    Awe Pat...Those are so cute! Perfectly fitting..and we are only as old as we let our selves feel..that would be a fun project for the winter months too when we dont venture outside as much. Love the new coat too ;) Lol..your husband dont need to worry until you start doing voices for the dolls..ha ha.
    Have a great weekend.
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!