Saturday, December 08, 2012

Cute idea from Inka

I have to say, you meet the nicest people on etsy. I shared a finished doll with  the source from where I bought them,Inka, from Altered Artifacts and she thought I was going to use them for my etsy shop offerings. I hadn't thought of it but asked if it would be ok and she said of course so.....

Ta Da!

I wrapped six yards of silk ribbon in blues around her waist then pinned on a satin flower, hung a hank of seed beads around her neck and a ribbon flower in her hair. I used little decorative brads to make her arms and legs moveable for easy ribbon removal. I listed this blue one and will be listing all colors as soon as I finish assembling them. The dolls are a bit of a process, but I love the results.  Offering supplies this way reminds me of the original ciggies, a premium when you buy the product. Collect a basket full for your studio or if you have a child, they would love these when you are finished with your stash :-) Thank you for the wonderful idea and all of your inspiration Inka!

5 comments:

  1. Oh this just takes the cake in presentation. Love the girl and pretties idea. Way to go.xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! I am headed over there to take a look right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pat,
    Cute idea, I have seen this done before minus the beads:) I have tons of Inka's images and have followed her blog for along time. She is so talented. Did you see the Train case on her blog that she turned into a sewing center? Check it out, you will be impressed.
    Hope all is well with you, would love to have you stop by when you have a chance and see my paper dolls on my blogs, I'm a big Paper doll fan!
    I belong to the Le Papier Doll Group at Roses:) They can be very addicting, lol
    Sent you a couple emails awhile back but I think you must have missed them. Hugs to you and one for your sweet Mom and Tisha. Thinking of you as I work on my latest CQ project for Christmas. I'll post when more progress is made.
    Marilou xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Pat: I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these. What a fabulous way to present trims and embellishments. I'm going to check out her shop. Have a wonderful weekend and holiday season. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! And who says we have to stop playing with paper dolls just because we've gotten past puberty?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!