Thursday, September 06, 2012

Beautiful days spent enjoying simple things.

Yesterday started out rainy and dark but soon turned into quite a beautiful day. Mom saw the rain and cancelled the movie day but when the sun popped out I phoned her back to give her another chance. She said she was about to call me so I took off to get her. We watched another horror flick then I gave her a manicure before taking her home. Just a few hours spent together is refreshing and it breaks up her week.
This morning the beach was calling me so off I went. I wanted so badly to pick mom up but knew it would be too hard on her to take all of those steps down to the beach. Perhaps when it cools off a bit more she can handle it.  As I slowly made my way to the water I wondered if my bud Dawn was in the air today. I was going to text her but if she was, I wouldn't want her thoughts turn to me enjoying the morning at the beach without her. Next time she has a free morning we must do the beach.
As you can see the sky was clear and so blue.

There were a lot of rocks to inspect....
 I started finding mermaid tears right away. This one must have just washed up.
The greens are always so easy to spot.

 One after another.......


 Also a pretty green shard of pottery for mom......

Then this one that made my day...............................and..................

 another blue piece!!!!! Whoa Nellie!!!!! I hit the jackpot!

I felt like a child all alone weaving toward and away from the waters edge collecting my treasures. I think those of us who enjoy simple things, I mean REALLY enjoy the simple things in life will always feel child like in their hearts.

After a blissful two hours I went home and mowed the lawn then jumped in the pool. I have the garden left to do with the push mower so that I will save till this evening. Time to figure out dinner, DH will be home soon. Have a wonderful day!


3 comments:

  1. Hello Pat, oh what treasures you found. I have some tears I bought in a package at the store, does that count? : ) I don't beleive I have ever found one in the reals though. Horror movies, I can't beleive I have ever found someone who like them as I do and sci fy also.
    Have a good day and mow to your hearts content. I always do problem solving thoughts when I mow. oxox
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pat,
    I had never heard of "Mermaid Tears" until I saw it on this blog. Beautiful sentiment. Pix were beautiful. A little touch of heaven.
    Hugs,
    Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:47 AM CST

    Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I
    find It really useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope to give something back and aid others like you
    helped me.
    My blog : diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!