Friday, August 10, 2012

Off on another adventure!

The house is clean, my bag is packed the lawn can wait until I return because I am heading to mom's in a bit to pick her up for an overnight adventure. We are going to start in New Buffalo and yard sale our way along Red Arrow highway until we drop or go broke, get a B&B then start again on Saturday. The longest yard sale in MI begins today. I thought it started the 8th and mom was all ready...whoops! So anyway, she is excited and I know we will have fun. I don't know how long it has been since she stayed away from home overnight other than the hospital but I do know she is looking forward to our time together as much as I am. We are hoping to stop at the beaches along the way in search of mermaid tears if the weather cooperates.
 I will share if I find some treasures...or if I don't. I don't really care, it is all about the journey as we laugh, eat junk food and meander through the roadside offerings.
Have a wonderful weekend...see you later peeps!


6 comments:

  1. As much as I love your posts on crazy quilting, my favorite by far are your posts that tell a story about you and your mom. Your love and friendship for your mother is beautiful. I have 3 children 2 of which are girls in their mid 20s and one little boy who is 5 and I pray they love to spend time with me as years go by like you do with your mom.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are blessed dear friend. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun and a blessing that your Mom has a wonderful daughter like you. You are truly blessed: )Have a a wonderful time! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy you are off on a wonderful adventure with your mum. What a great way to spend time checking out the great finds and talking about everything once you get back to your B & B. I am green with envy! Have a fantastic time, blessings, Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. MY dear Pat, so glad you and your mom are having fun, what wonderful memories you both have. Shopping the sales and just spending quality time together. Oh eat some junk food for me. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!