Friday, May 18, 2012

Taking a breather.........

 Well, yard work has caught up with me. After putting away the lawn cart, shovel, watering can and paint brush and removing my knee brace I crashed on the front porch swing.....two days ago. Whew!
My muse was angry that I wasn't spending time in the studio with fabric and needle so she left me. I'm hoping she gets over herself and returns...soon. With her absent and my outside work behind me, I took a morning to spend at the beach. Yesterday was absolutely gorgeous. I grabbed a cozy sweater and off I went to clear my mind and sooth my soul. My favorite medicine! The lake was a welcome sight.
 Once again I had the beach to myself as I wandered down the shore, heart singing and head hanging in search of mermaid tears. My first piece was found in the water.....the bottom of a coke bottle.
I then found the handle of a porcelain cup which is such a pretty shape.
  I also found a few bits of willow china and plenty of smoothed glass. It was so peaceful I sat down by the water and inhaled the calmness always found in this special place. The sky was so blue and almost matched the color of the lake. I was surprised the beach was vacant on this gorgeous day in May. I sat expecting to just veg out but my thoughts were just pouring out....how happy my son and his girlfriend are....how I miss Angell....how glad I am that the yard is in order.....how I wish mom were with me.....kits I need to finish....projects I want to start....will I ever find another blue mermaid tear....what should I make for dinner.....the fun two friends in Michigan will be having on their day together....how nice it is to come to the beach anytime I want....is DH having a good day.....what dad would have planted this year...meeting new students at the end of the month....the friends I need to call or text.....etc...etc...etc. Instead of feeling overwhelmed as I stood to return home, I felt energized as I removed my sweater and headed back. I spotted a speck of blue and my heart stopped as I bent to retrieve my tiny treasure.
I could not believe I found a blue piece. Hello DAD!!!
  It has been so long and I took a deep breath and smiled then I began humming a song as I hiked up the dune. My morning was complete and I stopped to take mom a Cappuccino and then headed to my beloved home in the country. These were my morning findings however what I truly returned home with was so much more....
Have a wonderful day wherever you are!




















12 comments:

  1. So beautiful.....no matter how heavy the load there is always peace just ahead. A million hugs to my sweety pie pal in Indiana, a million happy days and a million and one pieces of Dad's blue glass in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a lovely day Pat. Beautiful little treasures you found as well as feeling good. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely moment for you. I too love the lake when I can get to it (don't have your advantage living close to it). And your "finds" were awesom. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely prose. The combination of your pretty photos with your beautiful words, I floated right along with you for a few moments. Thank you for sharing this day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a beautiful post. I think I felt a cool breeze on my face and gulls calling overhead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Pat!! I am so sorry, I think that I may have missed something- Is Angel gone? I am so very sorry! I know that she was getting very old but there is nothing that leaves a void like the presence of a beloved pet.. Big Big Hugs to you dear girl! I am so glad that you found peace and renewal at your beach- you know how jealous I am!! :) Terrific that Your Dad checked in with a hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous girl, what a lovely uplifting post.
    Amazing finds at the shore, the little cup handle looks like a swan's head and neck.
    Your Dad was obviously tuning in to your thoughts! What a lovely sign to say he's still with you in spirit if not in body.

    Have a great weekend,

    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pat, just ordered the mag. cannot wait for it to arrive.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am vicariously strolling the beach with you this morning, Pat. *sigh* What a magical time. Lovely, just lovely. Thank you for sharing your stroll, thoughts & finds.
    Big ((hugs)) to you, Liz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pat, I love your poetic blog posts and seeing your gorgeous beach treasures.

    I just lost Simba. They leave such a huge void.

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!