Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Michigan bound

This morning I'm taking mom to New Buffalo to shop for some perennials at a roadside flower market. Last Autumn we discovered it on our way back from St. Joe. It isn't far, just  about 2 miles over the IN/MI line. I'm hoping to find a few more myself for the back deck border flower bed I made last year. It rained last night so it will be perfect for planting today. I'm anxious to get back home and play a bit in the yard. Last night I finished the last project for the magazine...whew!

DH bought stepping stones and laid a path to my hammock area then leading to the far north garden so I wouldn't track in mulch,LOL. My hammock should arrive today. I had to order another one elsewhere because the first company was basically non existent. Their phone wouldn't work and they wouldn't answer my 4 emails so do not order from 1stop connection or you will be sorry. Thank goodness PayPal is taking care of them for me.

 I really can't wait until I have the magazine finished and I can lay in the hammock and read or just be lazy and listen to the birds. They are so noisy this morning. So take a little walk with me before I must jump in the shower and head off on another adventure with mom.....My Mother- in-laws roses are smelling sweet!
 Foxgloves are opening...
 I love this !

Clematis are climbing a Rose of Sharon tree...
 Wild Phlox are taking over....Smells wonderful!
Gotta go, have a wonderful day!




1 comment:

  1. How large is your property? I'm trying to figure out how to do a "front" garden, a "back" garden, and perhaps a water garden on our urban lot and finding it difficult to carve out spots for all of them and still leave room for some herbs and vegetables.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!