Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I must share the story of the Summer cover art on CQG magazine

For those who bought and/or browsed the Summer issue of Crazy Quilt Gatherings, I must share the link to the story I recently learned behind the cover art by Terri Takacs.............Story shared here.

  In Memory of Colleen and Georgina

Original cottage by Lilla Levine.

Thank you for doing such a lovely cover Terri and thank you Lilla for sharing this touching story of two friends. 

I was browsing etsy this morning and found some pretties for you....Sweet Inspirations for sure.

 And have you seen the latest crazy quilt embellishment sets from Gypsy Feather? 

Hey....look what Liz is offering to MY Blog READERS~~~  
 For the rest of May 2012, I am offering them 10% off my embellishment kits and fabric collections. If they will enter the code: PAT0512, 10% will automatically be deducted from their purchase(s) at checkout.
I see the makings of a Boho bag with this set........

Boy if those don't inspire me to create.....! Thank you Liz!!I just had to share a bit before I head out to the garden for a browse before I start in on kit making. Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. I just had to say that Sweet Inspirations and Gypsy Feathers along with Maureen's Vintage Acquisitions along with Pat, of course, are at the very top of my list for supplies and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dear friend.....now about those lovely shops you shared....why did ya have to go and do that???? I have been such a good girl with my on line shopping and now I'm about to blow it!!!!!! I have to say I agree with Jeannette adding Nicki Lee's lace to the list as well. Now I'll get back to my cleaning with a promise to myself to visit those shops for my reward when I'm done ~ lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes life is overwhelming with problems. Then comes your magazine and it means I can take time to sit and devour every word and picture---and then ya know what? I feel better. Beautiful magazine, wonderful story on cover photo and seeing my own creation means so much---Thank you.
    Darlene Shadle Funkhouser Kliewer

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very kind of you to plug my Embellishment Inspiration Kits (Series 2) in your blog, Pat! This is to let ONLY YOUR READERS know that for the rest of May 2012, I am offering them 10% off my embellishment kits and fabric collections. If they will enter the code: PAT0512, 10% will automatically be deducted from their purchase(s) at checkout.

    Just received the physical copy of your Summer 2012 yesterday. It is absolutely LOVELY, as always! Even though I already have the digital copy, I am one of those who enjoys leafing through real pages. Is it just me ... am I giving my age away?? LOL!

    Hugs, Liz

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!