Wednesday, February 15, 2012

RIP Gina

This morning I learned a sweet friend and talented tatter had passed away Feb 13th. Gina had a blog titled, "Threads of a Tatting Goddess."
 Gina will be missed by many. I still can't believe this sad news. Yesterday I made plans to deliver a large gift my son had shipped to our home, thinking it would be nice to take mom for a ride to St. Joe. It was a sunny morning but the news of Gina made it difficult to enjoy the ride. It was nice to see my son of course but when mom suggested we stop for lunch, I really couldn't make myself eat. I forced down a few pea pods and a sip of tea. I've only met Gina once, a couple of years ago when she took a class from me but her kindness and sweet attitude left an impression on me and I'll always remember her bright smiling eyes that made you feel comfortable instantly. She was a super lady.











12 comments:

  1. Pat, how terribly sad that you have lost a sweet friend. It has been said many times that people come into your life for a reason - hers was to share her wonderful self with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read this news. I've visited Gina's site before...sweet, sweet lady!

    xoRebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:07 PM CST

    Sympathy to you Pat--Mary Bonnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:26 PM CST

    Pat, thank you so much for your kind words. Our family appreciates your comments and my Aunt Regina is smiling down on all of us! She is very much missed. God Bless.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear of Gina's passing. I think lots of people know of Gina, and will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very sorry to hear of your friend Gina's passing. She sounds like one very special lady who made a big impression in yours and others lives

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely tribute to Gina, whose tatting blog was a 'gateway' to many other talented crafters' blogs that I enjoy visiting and would never have known about otherwise.

    In the tatting world we are all in shock and are sending condolences to her family.

    I also have had difficulty getting back to doing normal things. Even though I never met Gina personally, we did exchange e-mails a few times, and I thought of her as a friend and kindred spirit. I admired her very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no.....that's so sad.
    “What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” Richard Bach
    Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad news indeed Pat. Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat I am so sorry for your loss of a lovely crafting friend.
    Words are all I have for you at this sad time.

    Take care,
    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Pat, I am so sorry for your loss of your special friend. This is so sad, indeed.
    xo
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Pat,

    I have visited her blog many times. I'm so sorry to hear this news. I lost two bloggers last year. It really seems we are closer in blogland in ways that are not possible in our physical world.

    Many ((((hugs)))) for you,
    Love Steph ♥

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!