Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Oh yes we did!

I picked mom up this morning and we went to the beach!!!!!!!!!!!
 It was sunny, kind of warm but windy near the water and even if we both had to crawl back up the dune we were determined to spend some time along the shore today.
  It felt soooooooooo good to be standing in the sand beside mom breathing in the fresh air and sunshine. I allowed my stress to float to the clouds and be swept away in the breeze. I feel great and I got around just fine. I found a few treasures.........
Mom found this large Geode

She was thrilled. When I dropped her off my brother had a bag of hand shelled black walnuts waiting for me. I love black walnuts!!!!!
  It was a much needed outing for both of us and the best part was that it was spur of the moment, a real treat! Now I must put my nose to the grindstone and finish my work on classes. I don't know if I will be able to concentrate but I'll try!





11 comments:

  1. I love black walnuts too. Because they were are so hard to come by I never had them to use when my kids were growing up. I ordered some a few years back and they didn't like them. I guess they weren't used to them. I can still remember the taste of them in fudge my Grandma used to make.

    I'm glad you and your Mom had a great day together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:27 PM CST

    What a nice day Pat, thanks so much for sharing. Isn't it fun to find little treasures--Mary Bonnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat, I know how much you and your mom enjoy the beach! I'm so glad to hear that you had some nice weather and some time to enjoy it. Lots more great days coming! Tomorrow is March 1st. According MY calendar, that means is Spring 1st!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I'm feeling the waves and sand in my dreams as the snow falls here in Ct! I'm so happy you are feeling good again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good day for both of you. Here I sit painting looking out at it snowing. Last week it was near 70. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping you and Mom would get to the beach soon!
    What finds too, you rarely come away empty-handed.

    I didn't know there was more than one walnut.
    I love a home baked coffe/walnut cake and a really good cup of coffee, though I'm a tea drinker mostly.

    Here's to more beach days!

    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, good for you guys. Sounds like a much needed respite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely day you had, there is nothing better than spending time with your Mom, very precious times, enjoy them all!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Pat, What a wonderful day you must have had, one of those moments stilled in time. My mother has Alzheimers and is rapidly drifting away which is sad+. Days like this are the ones that will be tucked away and brought out to be treasured like the beautiful sea glass that you found.

    I hope that you have many more days like this to come, enjoy the black walnuts, Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spring is coming for sure if you were able to get to the beach. Can't wait (as we have had snow here for the past two days).

    ReplyDelete
  11. My grandma had a black walnut tree and would shell walnuts all winter-LOVE black walnuts. I miss Grandma. Spring is here-this has been the best winter ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!