Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Little outing this morning

 I wasn't sure what the day would bring after awaking with a headache but I had an early meeting in LaPorte this morning so I took advantage of being out and about on a sunny day. I stopped to grab a snack for my hubby because he works in LaPorte and I needed to waste some time while I waited for my local stitch shop to open. On the way to the golf course I spotted this beauty. LaPorte is filled with the old large homes that I love so much.
 It was so nice to see my house of Stitches girls with their smiling faces.
 We caught up a bit and I found some new pretties to add to my collection. I've never tried the Gold Rush thicker threads but they are beautiful with a touch of metallic. Just look at those teeny tiny scissors. Ooops! I mean itty bitty!
 My friend Jilly introduced me to the Tone Finnanger (Tildas Studio) books. They were in my mailbox when I arrived home.
 They have wonderful projects for gifts and home decor. I just had to start collecting them for future projects. Unfortunately they do not sell their craft supplies here in the states but we can make do I'm sure.
So it turned out to be a better day than I anticipated. I am going down to assemble the accessory case for my online class giveaway. I hope you are having a sunny day too!




4 comments:

  1. Those threads are gorgeous! Such beautiful jewel colours, can't wait to see what you are going to use them for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:18 PM CST

    Pat, my new Crazy Quilting just arrived and I love it. Each one just gets better and they will go in to the keep till I die collection. Thanks again to you and all the contributors--Mary Bonnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to go with you ln a trip to the House of Stitches, sounds like a great place!
    We have the Tilda goodies here but, they can be a bit out of my price range, especially as I always seem to like the more expensive range!
    My Sister Rita, made me a gorgeous birthday card alst year with the Tilda range of card/paper crafting goodies. It's up on my bookcase in the little bedroom i laughingly call my craftroom!
    I have the Sew Sunny Homestyle book, bought in 2009, it looks different to yours.

    Shoulder permitting, my Sis has bought me a ticket for a craft show in Malvern, Worcestershire on Friday, which I will be going to but won't be spending much, just drinking in the atmosphere and all the lovely stuff there!

    Take care,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh - sparklie things to stitch with! I know you'll make great use of these.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!