Monday, February 06, 2012

AWOL

I've been AWOL this week trying to get the spring issue of CQG finished before opening a new venture. I must be crazy to keep so busy but right now it feels right. Otherwise with the weather and having to be on crutches I might close the curtains and sit in a corner til spring arrives.

Last week I received a few surprises in the mail. My sweet friends Tish and Jan surprised me with a box from Kilwins. If you don't know by now, Kilwins is an ice cream/candy shop in St. Joe that makes the creamiest fudge on earth and I always stop there with mom. Well, they didn't send me one box, or two boxes, but three boxes of fudge. They didn't stop there, they included a gift certificate too so I am ready for my next St. Joe trip. The manager also slipped in a get well note which was so thoughtful. Thank you ladies, that was great medicine. My brother and mom arrived on Thursday with Chinese in hand. We enjoyed Crab meat Delight, Beef Broccoli, and Shrimp with peapods and I shared the fudge with mom. She was as surprised to see it as I was. She is ready for a St. Joe trip too and misses our outings a lot.

I also received a beautiful journal from Cindy Adkins. I haven't taken photos yet but will share when I do. Every page is arranged so beautifully. Thank you so much Cindy :-)

I did manage to finish one other project. Happily it should reach its destination today but for now I can only share a bit of it.

My fingers are itching to stitch but I must finish this issue. I fell behind with the knee issue and all but I hope to be on schedule. As the photos arrived in my email I got more and more excited. this issue has a lot of eye candy from readers. I actually have room for a few more pics if anyone wants to share their work. Angell needs to go out so I will catch you later. Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. I am a new follower to your blog, but each time I stop by for a visit, I am blown away by your gorgeous creations.
    Your gift of fudge sounded yummy as did the Chinese food.
    I hope your knee recovery happens soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your favorite fudge should definitely speed the healing process! gathering pictures ans typing on sun printing right now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am pleased to hear you are on the road to recovery and bet you can hardly wait to be out and about without restrictions. Imagine that fudge really perked you up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great friends!! That was nice of them.
    I sent a couple pictures to add to the magazine if you have room.
    Thanks for all the hard work on the magazine. I always look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makesure you rest up too!
    What wonderful friends you have, so thoughtful!
    The small pic of the stitching looks divine, i do hope you can share the rest of it soon.

    I do wish we could buy your magazine over the counter in the UK!

    I'll have to settle for glimpses at the moment, as funds are not forthcoming or even non-existant LOL!

    Have you any new pics of little Angell to show us? I need an Angell fix!

    Take care and have a great week,
    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!