Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thank goodness for trash bags

Hi peeps! Just checking in for a minute to make sure you are behaving :-) It has been a quiet week for me but poor DH took the week off and has been holding down the fort and I know when Monday comes around he will be running out the door to go to work. LOL. Cooking,answering phones, caring for Angell who has been a real pickle, waiting on me who was cranky and anxious to get on my feet again, poor guy is exhausted. I must say he is an excellent caregiver. Being served meals was new for me but now, after day five days of it I'm kinda liking it. Just when I'm starting to move about on my own again. All I can say is thank goodness for cozy beds, wheatable crackers, lip balm, humidifiers and trash bags that fit over a leg for bathing.
 Ellen stopped by to visit and gave me a copy of her new book which I've been drooling over since.  Beautiful color photos break down each flower and I really want to be using a sewing machine right now. Thanks Ellen!
The only stitching I accomplished was this...poor picture, sorry.
 One more week and I get the bandages off. I peeked at the photos of the process and it freaked me out so I won't be sharing those. You're welcome. I had better get back to bed before swelling begins. Everything in moderation! Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

14 comments:

  1. I'm happy to hear your recovery is progressing well. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 AM CST

    Pat ... so glad you were able to post. I've been wondering how you are doing. Take it slow and easy ... heal well. Sending prayers and good wishes.
    SusieW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:33 AM CST

    Glad you are feeling better! Heal quickly. Thread Garden Magic looks interesting. Where can it be purchased? Jane in MO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Pat, hope you will feel better soon.
    Hugs and good wishes from Germany
    Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you Pat.How have you gone with the stairs?Knee pain is the pits!!Thank goodness you are a quick healer like me. We're lucky that way.
    I just Thank Goodness for living in a country where we have access to skilled surgeons who can help us like this.
    Have a speedy recovery.I have a husband who cooks....WONDERFUL!!!! I garden he cooks.

    Love Judy XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do take good care of yourself, Pat, enjoy the weekend, and don't do too much when DH takes off for work on Monday. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it Cool!
    Thinking of you!
    greetings from Holland!:)
    Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Make the most of the rest Pat - you're going to have a lot more pain when you start moving!
    Go slowly - come back quickly.
    A wonderful doting husband indeed!
    Healing thoughts,
    Love and hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better soon, Pat! Just today my sisters and I were admiring all your work at Tish's. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad to hear you're on the mend and getting around a bit. It's hard when you're used to being on the go but it gives you a whole new appreciation of mobility.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Am sending well wishes your way Pat. Take care and hope you are back on your feet real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear you are being well cared for. Take care and enjoy every minute of being waited on...it won't last long!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you're fairing well. I hope this surgery helps your leg get better so you can walk pain free. Leslie K

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to point out my respect for your kind-heartedness for visitors who really want help with this one study. Your special dedication to passing the message all over had become wonderfully useful and has surely enabled guys and women just like me to reach their pursuits. Your amazing invaluable report implies this much a person like me and much more to my peers. Best wishes; from each one of us.
    Extra Wide Half Ramp

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!