Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Ideas to replace boring cording

I usually use cording for the neck pouches but I decided to play around with fibers and a tiny ric rac.
 These little pouches can be worn to hold your sewing scissors, cell phone, cash/plastic and lipstick, etc to keep your hands free. They can also become a wall pocket filled with dried flowers or vintage things and you could also use them present a small gift to someone who enjoys crazy quilting, vintage, or fiber art. Just an idea for you to try if you want to wet your toes without committing fully to CQ.
I finished this one up and made it to the mailbox in time to be on its way.
I'm on to another project, see you soon!

4 comments:

  1. Nice free form with the ribbons Pat, these are sweet, I could imagine a million uses as well as little giftie pouches. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    I so enjoy admiring your work. I'm left handed and finally found a good book with left and right handed instructions for embroidery stitches. I've been doing little samples of stitches to see if I can do them.

    Hugs to you,
    Steph ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful little work of art. I can imagine it with little bead crochet cords as well. Some day when I get the time....
    Ger x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, everything you do is so gorgeous!!! Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!