Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Good morning!

I have been creating!

I finished an eyeglass case yesterday morning. I'm thinking of spring and the sound of birds singing, warm sunshine and little green sprouts popping up in my garden as I'm on my knees turning the earth, relocating a few earthworms  as I plant seeds and wait for the spring showers to do their job. 
We have had a great winter so far, a few snowstorms but no biggie. Although these days if there is any ground covering snow everyone goes into panic mode. It is funny to catch the news when it snows. You would swear the earth was about to be engulfed. Anyway, as my thoughts turn to spring, my hands turn to stitching...now my knee, that is another story. I will find out about it on the 30th, I'm expecting good news because the pain wasn't bad during the week and I haven't had any meds in two days. Yeah!
While I was bed ridden I kept a notebook beside me because I don't know if it was the pain pills or anesthesia left in my body but I had so many ideas pop into my head. I hope to share them with you soon. 
Last week I met a lady named Cindy Adkins. We became friends pretty fast while exchanging emails. If you haven't heard of her and you are a woman blogger you should check out the best seller ebooks and her blog. Can you say "Inspirational?" There is a little surprise coming up that I am excited about.....coming soon :-) Her creations have a Parisian flair and are just lovely and she is a breath of fresh spring air and as sweet as can be. She is a very busy lady who still finds time to create from various mediums. You will enjoy her blog I'm sure of it.
Gotta go elevate the leg...just wanted to say hi and thanks for the continued encouraging letters, cards and emails! Hugs to all.

7 comments:

  1. I can always hear the compassion, passion and positive in your posts. I always enjoy them. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are doing so well. When you mentioned Cindy, I knew I remembered the name. We were friends when I first began blogging. I somehow had lost touch with her. I am glad you had the link to her blog here in this post. Thanks for helping me find a friend.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Pat,
    So glad to hear your leg has been improving.. Fingers crossed you will be A-1 soon.
    Your eyeglass case is darling. Love the birdie !
    Sending big healing hugs...
    xoxo
    ((((hugs))))
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eyeglass case is so pretty, and certainly says spring. Come on spring!
    Glad to know your leg hasn't been giving you a lot of pain. Fingers crossed for good news on the 30th!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat, I haven't been by in forever! So sorry to hear you're having problems with your knee. The eyeglass case is absolutely gorgeous!!! I am wanting to some crazy quilting so bad but my hands are giving me the fits! Did I read right? You're planting seeds? Hmmm, I may have to get mine out and get to work. We relocated to southeast PA last May and we've had a really mild winter. But I miss Colorado and the mountains and family. Oh listen to me gab away! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Pat, your eyeglass case is exquisite! Glad to know that your knee is doing better and I hope it will be in perfect condition in no time!
    Hugs,
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pat,
    Oh gosh that is sooo sweet of you to let people know about me! And I adore what you made--it is breathtaking!!! Ohhh-la-la! I hope your knee is better--and I hope you're able to get some rest!!
    XO
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!