Friday, December 23, 2011

Sharing Blissful things!

 I've treated myself to a few CQ goodies and wanted to share some sweet gifts too. First I want to thank you all for the Christmas wishes and warm thoughts and I wish the same to you.

I'm late in sharing this but I just have to...my dear friend Dawn, who accompanied me to the LA fabric district presented me with this awesome book she had made of our adventure for my birthday. When she gave it to me I couldn't open it because I knew I would cry so I waited until I got home. When I realized what the book was about I could hardly speak and made her change the subject...yes, I am a sentimental loon.
 She began the story of our trip with a photo of me stitching on the plane. I've never smiled so much in my life!
  It included photos of us at the Pasadena Rose bowl flea market. Here I am scoping out the jewelry with my sweet niece Katy (in red.)
 After we parked and got off the elevator we were instantly greeted by fabric shops. Here with my Boho bag ready for stash collecting and my sis-in-law Nicole, we are shocked by low prices.
That trip was so awesome and there are no words to describe my gratitude to Dawn for making it happen. I also had the pleasure of meeting a super sweet new CQ friend, Susie Wolfe. Definitely a fond memory I will hold onto forever.

I've got to show you this sweet gift from my talented tatting friend, Wendy Shu who always surprises me with her amazing tatted gifts.
 What a talent and giving soul. Thank you Wendy, this candy cane will hang on my friendship tree each year.You should see the tatted bookmarks she is making on her blog...wow!

For those who read the Winter issue of Crazy Quilt Gatherings, the embellished lace applique's from Angela Campos are even more beautiful in person. I received this gorgeous collection from Angela and you can get yours from her etsy shop , Magical Mystery Tuca here. Be prepared to gasp in awe of the yummy goods.
If you want something truly special for yourself or a gift, you have to get one of the beautiful delicate hearts from Sweet Inspirations. Shannon has a special gift of making everything she touches feel like a vintage dream. She is truly a sweet inspiration to me! Thank you Shannon for everything!
 I also have to share some trim which I thought I was purchasing for a BOHO bag however I don't think I can use it because of its beauty,LOL. No worries, I ordered more! This gorgeous, soft, unbelievable feeling trim is from the etsy shop La Croix Rosion.
 It is the shop of Liz Waring, a very sweet woman from England who collects the most wonderful items including these trims which are perfect for Boho bags. You can learn more about Liz's offerings on her blog  here. Look for more on Liz in the Spring issue of Crazy Quilt gatherings.

 Last but not least, I wanted to share these adorable little pink heart Danglies from the Lost Art Creations etsy shop.
 If you want some you better get them before I do! They are delightful, scrumptious little trinkets for charms, jewelry, crazy quilting and so much more!
Alright, I really have to get something done around here. DS will be home today and I have a tiny bit of grocery shopping to do so I will see you later. Enjoy your day and check out these links for quality shopping fun!



8 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas and make sure 2012 is a creative one (I think we can rely on you for that!)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Pat!! I am so glad that I found your blog, I have enjoyed your magazines, and of course winning your calendar! I am hooked on CQ. I hope to be able to send some pictures along soon on my attempts. Love your new furniture. I so wish I could walk the beach like you, love the mermaids tears. You must have quite a collection. What do you do with them? Again, Merry Christmas and can't wait to see whats up your sleeve for 2012! Susann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn knows just how to get you doesn't she!! i would not have opened it till I was home safe either,!!! If I had not waited I would still be bawling on the side of the road!!!! what a fabulous gift from a dear friend!!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing you delightful gifts and CQ finds!! Off to shop!!
    Hugs and Merry Christmas with a special Christmas hug to your Mom!!!

    the stockings that you just finished are incredible and I am going to start one ( and finish it) for my daughter next week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous book-a real treasure. I love the stockings you did also. Leslie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat, what lovely things you've shared today! And you look gorgeous with your Boho bag! Happy Christmas to you dear one!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you and thank you for your friendship and lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a Happy, Happy Christmas Season Pat.Lovely book, bag...everything!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!