Thursday, December 29, 2011

Rebecca Ersfeld's home in Romantic Country Living...A---Mazing!

 Yesterday after my appointment I stopped and browsed the magazines hoping to find something I could curl up with and dream...Mission accomplished when I walked up as the gal was putting out the new issues. I immediately grabbed Romantic Country Living and Romantic Homes.


I rarely thumb through these two publications because they are always pleasing to browse and rarely disappoint. I decided to only choose one to linger in the bubble bath with and I got quite a surprise! Before the first turn of the pretty cover page I was ready to be taken away to beautiful homes across America and make new discoveries that I might "borrow" for my own home. I made it to page 60 and viewed a dining room that had "Pat Winter" written all over it although it wasn't actually mine.
 It was so peaceful, comfortable and had the mismatch beauty that I love.  From the patterned rug beneath to the arched windows, I was lost within this home.
 I continued on to see quaint vignettes and and bedrooms that would comfort any weary bones. It wasn't until I turned to page 67 that I recognized the little attic room belonging to Rebecca Ersfeld of IL. I had seen it progress on her blog and was itching to be a fly on the window.


As I soaked in the cooling lavender scented bubble bath I knew I was losing all the oil in my skin as I sat reviewing every detail within the 8 pages of the article. It was worth being wrinkled, nothing that an extra dollop of lotion wouldn't take care of right? Yep! Rebecca certainly has a home that I could move right into without changing one thing. If you don't know Rebecca you should check out her blog and visit it often.
I had the privileged to meet Rebecca when she had her shop in IL and she is as genuine and sweet as the day is long. I still cherish a fabric posy pin she had gifted me with upon my departure. Her shop was amazing and her home reflects that. Her talent to bring a room, a shop, a home together to make you feel like you have been personally invited to visit is beyond any I have seen. I've viewed many home decorating publications in my life and this 8 page display really revved up my decorating muse. Rebecca, you left me with my mouth hanging open, my eyes teary from such a beautifully decorated home with family in mind,my mind racing with possibilities for my own home, and my heart pounding with excitement to borrow a few ideas from you. Thank you so much for sharing your world and thank you Romantic Country Homes for seeking her out. LOVE this issue!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the heads up about the magazine Pat! I haven't checked this one out yet and can't wait to now. Your description has me sold - I could feel my blood pressure lowering as I walked into the photos of these beautiful rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:33 PM CST

    Pat..I will have to look for this issue as well... I loved reading her blog this holiday season..it was so beautiful with so many pictures..Helped me get into the Christmas spirit and decorating mode.(sometimes I need a little nudge!)If you have not checked out the blog lately..go take a little peek ;) so beautful. Thankyou for sharing this info. Hope you are enjoying your little decorating project too ;)
    Have a great day, Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I just picked up that issue this afternoon and have not had time to open it, I love Rebecca's style, her home is phenomenal! Thank you for the heads up, I will pour over this issue.

    Your work is so amazing, love all that you create.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are just too much... I don't know what to say! except thank you so much, I feel so honored and if I have inspired in some small way I am thankful.
    Blessings to you this wonderful New Year that has been gifted us.
    Rebecca
    PS the coffee pot is always on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked that magazine up several days ago-fabulous-When my kids move out-I want my house to look like that!! When my kids visit-I'm going to make them stand behind a velvet rope and talk to me-they will have to stay in the kitchen--LOL!!! Leslie K

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower, you got me with the gorgeous little heart in your latest post. But I was hooked when you spoke of Rebecca. She is so ... AMAZING!!! I've studied her blog over and over.
    I've not gotten the new magazine yet, but I certainly will.
    Can't wait to see your "Rebecca" inspired designs in 2012!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!