Friday, December 30, 2011

Busy editing...want to contribute and perhaps be a winner?

DH returns to work on Monday after a month of sleeping in, watching TV and munching on his own time. I guess that is when I will officially return to working on the magazine and begin new projects. I had to take a moment to stare at my beautiful heart from Sweet Inspirations to hold me until I can put my hands to work with thread and needle. If this isn't inspiring, I don't know what is....ahhhhhh!
  My heart melts every time I look at it. It has a temporary home hanging under the original plaster framed photo of my grandmother's pink homestead which hung in that house in West Virginia. I have a special arrangement planned for it but can't bear to put it away until then so it hangs in my living room keeping a smile on my face.

Now I have two questions for crazy quilters, fiber artists and embroiderers.
*Question #1 ~ If you could only work with one kind of thread, what would it be? You can name the brand such as Kreinik or YLI, etc, but I am looking for the actual thread type such as Silk Twist, Ribbon Floss, Cotton, etc. Please pick only one and email it to me with your full name and how you enjoy using it. I will pick a name from those who reply and they will win a "squishy" filled with my favorite goodies.

*Question #2~ What is your favorite stash storage? Anything you find the most helpful and convenient in storing any stash item from threads, beads, trims, to fabrics.It can be store bought or hand made or perhaps a vintage item turned useful. Send a photo of how you use the storage item and you will be entered in a drawing to win a free copy of the Spring 2012 issue of Crazy Quilt Gatherings magazine. Email photos (high quality unedited photos in jpg or png) please to angell100@comcast.net or pannwinter@gmail.com by Feb 1st. I will draw the two winners on the 2nd and announce on my blog that day. Please note that if you submit a photo you will be granting permission for use in the Spring 2012 publication of CQG along with your name. Thank you!









3 comments:

  1. Hello my dear friend. Happy New Year, new days of happiness.merry chritmas www.evhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I am in awe of her beautiful work!!!! Have fun with hubby's out of your hair - lol ! I'm here if you need me girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I wouldn't want to put that away either.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!