Wednesday, December 21, 2011

All is calm...........

Yesterday part of the furniture arrived, the couch and ottoman.
 Miraculously the chair and a half arrived this morning.
 Not expecting it to arrive in time for Christmas, we put the tree up in front of the window so it is a bit crowded in the living room for now.
 I'm looking forward to rearranging the furniture when it comes down. I can't wait to take down those pictures. For now it is just comfy cozy like a little farmhouse should be for Christmas. I really love the furniture and can't wait to decorate around it. My friend Jan keeps getting me excited about the wall hanging I will be creating for the space above the couch. I already know what I'm doing and which fabrics I'm using and I claim not to be a planner??????
I snapped a few pics of the ornament exchange from the Creativechicks group which I had placed in the dining room especially for moi!
 I am so delighted by each creation. The paper garland fit the tree perfectly. My little Charlie Brown tree has never been happier as it displays all of the sweet additions. I am so happy Elizabeth asked me to join in and I hope to be asked again only I will be creating my gifts during the Summer so I can offer something CQed next time. There is just something so very special about hand made isn't there?
 DH spent the day shopping with his mom and I spent it happily cleaning and stitching. My son's stocking is ready to assemble so I had better get to it and finish wrapping the gifts. He will be home Friday...Yeah! I'm ready! Have a wonderful evening.






9 comments:

  1. Yes! That does look comfy and very cosy!
    Your tree is gorgeous too, (see my 'naff' tree on my blog!).

    I got my giveaway from Jan at Silvermoonbird today (yesterday now as I write), it is scrumptious! I'm over the moon and already made a pair of earrings using some of the beads in the pack...is this a new me emerging, actually making things instead of thinking about it? LOL!

    Have a wonderful Christmas time and relax!

    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ribbons on the tree...saw this on You Tube, was going to do this with ribbons this year, but....have a wonderful comfy, and happy Christmas Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just picture you sitting and stitching in that new "Chair and a half"
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks cozy to me! Enjoy your holidays Pat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you All the Joys of the Season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:34 PM CST

    What a warm and welcoming room. Love, love the furniture ... specially the "chair & half". It is just crying out for you to nestle in and stitch away. Enjoy the holiday and having your son home.
    SusieW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Patricia,

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2012 , for you and family,
    many hugz....
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your furniture and glad you got it for Christmas. You decorations are beautiful. Merry Christmas--Leslie K

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Charlie Brown tree looks so good with all the swap pieces on it. I am definitely doing that next year, a tree just for them. Enjoy the comfy furniture, enjoy the holiday. xox Corrine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!