Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Time to catch up!





Well, now I don't know where to start. How about my visit to Ikea with my bud Dawn...we covered every inch after we had a little breakfast in the center of the store. It was fun and we did find some goodies and made mental notes of things we might need. I also came home with several packs of cinnamon rolls,LOL.
 I did order the Cindy Crawford living room set however it is such a popular set that it was on back order at the warehouse and won't be in until the week after this so I have no furniture for Thanksgiving. I hope I made the right decision.......I'll worry until it arrives.
Monday dawn came over and we spent the morning dyeing ribbon and vintage goods. It was Dawn's first time and she loved it. It was quite fun and nice to have company dyeing. I mean after all, who wants to dye alone,LOL.....I know, not funny.




 Dawn's ribbons on her drying rack at home. She couldn't wait to press them. You should see her pretty dyed wedding dress bits..to DYE for!
 It was warm today and sunny but I stayed in and made the pumpkin and pecan pies. I thought DS would like to take one of each home with him...I even bought extra whipped topping :-) It is supposed to be 60 on Friday so mom and I made plans to stroll the beach. I can't wait! I took her shopping Tuesday and she didn't use a cart, she walked herself. She said she needs more exercise and is having a room dedicated to her exercise machines. I will go over a few times a week and do some things with her so she will keep the interest through the long cold winter. We all need encouragement once the freezing weather arrives and the sun doesn't visit so often.
I know I had more to share but I am sleepy so it is time for a bubble bath...tomorrow will be a long day spent cooking Mr. Tom! DS will be visiting...that sounds weird.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving !









5 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving Pat. Hope you have a wonderful day. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, dear Pat!
    Hugs,
    Annamaria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving Pat, have a wonderful day!!
    Hugs, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing those ribbons drying makes me want to dye some!

    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving Pat!

    Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like it was a lovely day to dye all those ribbons - looks like fun - great to see them all hanging up. I was envious to read of your time in IKEA - it looked nice and empty

    Happy Thanksgiving day

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!