Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Surprise beach visit with mom





This morning I had to run into LaPorte to furniture shop (ick) and it was so nice out that I decided to call mom and ask if she was up for a beach walk. She was so I ran home to tend to Angell then high tailed it to mom's. It was really a perfect day to stroll the beach. Several people were already there enjoying the warm sunshine and calm lake. Here is proof I haven't abandoned mom....
 She made her way down to the shore and spend two hours searching for treasures.

Can you find my first piece?

Beautiful day for a surprise beach stroll! Afterward I stopped to get us a cold Dr. Pepper and it hit the spot! These were my treasures. Mom found the Crinoids for me. I'm going to make mini sea themed wall art and use the small driftwood pieces to hang.


 As for the furniture shopping. I am 98% sure I am going with the Cindy Crawford Woodrow collection. It has my mint green and multi fabric to mix it up a bit (crazy.)


The photo looks Olive but it is mint green stripe and in the paisley. I'm just getting the sofa, chair &1/2 and ottoman. No room for the other pieces. It goes nicely with the carpet and walls and it isn't "Frou Frou" so DH can enjoy it too. Anyway, I will be making that decision on Friday. Tomorrow I am headed to Ikea with Dawn. We are going to check it out inch by inch,LOL. I better get some rest tonight! Have a great evening.




















6 comments:

  1. It's lovely to be able to spend time with our mothers while we have them eh?!
    Love the suite.I adore GREEN. So easy to live with.
    My poor dear one, has to live in a DOLL HOUSE- poor mann- he must LOVE me I guess to put up with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the Suite! (It would look good in my place too!)

    We hAD LOVELY SUNNY WEATHER HERE TOO AND i WENT FOR A SHORT WALK AND CAME BACK WITH MY POCKETS AND ARMS FULL OF WINDFALL APPLES!

    Whoops! must have caught the wrong key!

    Love the sea glass collection, it's amazing there's any left!

    Nice that you're able to get out and about with Mom again too.

    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! If I was buying a new set, its what I would buy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to buy new furniture-I always pictured you in white shabby chic. The sofa is goreuos, relax and have fun. Leslie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice with your sitting room furniture - can't wait to see it in situ.

    Boy oh boy - it looked like a summers day on your walk today - what a lovely surprise - and your mum walking down all those steps - and up again? And what treasures you both discovered - it'll make a brilliant wall hanging and will match your new furniture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a beautiful day indeed. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!