Friday, October 14, 2011

Ta da!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally


It was rainy this morning but the sun popped out so I called mom and asked her to lunch. I thought it would be nice for both of us to get out of the house for a bit. We agreed to just grab a drive through sandwich and park at our special place. We sat in the car with the moon roof open enjoying the sunshine as we watched a few ducks floating on Lake Palomar. On our way home we discussed going to the beach not sure if it would be too cool and windy. We decided to take a chance so we continued on. The waves were pretty high but the wind wasn't really cold so we headed down to the shore. We fought the wind the whole way, it was very strong but when you have a desire for beach combing, it wins the battle. I didn't have my camera but I took pics with my phone hoping they would be clear.I can't believe mom finally made it to the beach. She was determined to go down to the water, wind and all.

We found a few bits of glass and I found a broken old ladle that someone must have been using to dig for glass. It has a nice long handle so I'm leaving it in my car for beach trips.
So mom looks pretty good for having the flu last week. She is a strong little lady. She is waiting for the next warm day to go again.....I'll have my camera on me then. Hope your day was great....mine was!

12 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad the two of you were able to have this special time. Sometimes spontaneous is the best way - no time to talk yourself out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I enjoyed that. Love to your Mum. Blessings from the UK Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. The wind and sound of waves has such an invigorating effect! Your Mum is a tough lady.Lovely that she likes to be spontaneous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had am amazing time. Is a 'moon. roof the same as out 'sun roof' over in the UK?

    I quite like the idea of being out in the evening and looking through the roof at the moon.

    Your mum looks such an elegant lady - really glamorous - love her outfit.

    Nothing like a breeze to blow the 'cobwebs' away

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lake is very rough today-not a walk on the beach day!! Glad your mom is doing well. Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yabba Dabba Do!
    Good to See Mom on the move again and feeling better.

    Thanks for my card and lush bits and bobs for CQ! You are so generous, bless you Pat!

    Have a great weekend,

    Hugs,

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thrilled for both of you to be able to enjoy a trip to the beach together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:29 PM CDT

    Awe Pat... I am so happy that you and Mom got to get to the beach today...and got to relax at lunch too! That is wonderful ;)
    Hugs to you,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such great news! So glad y'all shared such a special day. Hugs to you and your mom. ~ Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww that is so wonderful! It looks and sounds like you had a true happiness day! One of those days where you only need nature and being together to know what is important in life! I hope you can have many many more walks on the pretty beach with your mother in the future! Your mother looks great! I love her coat by the way! Great color and design!
    hugs
    Ingeborg

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so nice you two get to spend so much quality time together and share the same interests. Glad you enjoyed your day together.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just a quick note, Pat...sending smiles to you and your Mom!

    Hugs too!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile, I love hearing from you and thank you so much for taking a moment to stop by. Enjoy your day!